June Spouse Visa

auspanda25

Waiting is frustrating isn't it? We're busying ourselves with selling the house and sorting out logistics. Our estimate has changed from "Late Nov to late Dec" to "Late Dec to early Jan". Our flights are booked for Jan 20th, so hopefully it'll be granted before then!

Guest jimmythebeak

309/100 application sent 21/6/2012. CO assigned (LG) 27/6. Medicals completed 4/7. No further info needed... waiting... waiting... waiting...

I'm in the "end of Nov to end of Dec" pack at the moment. I don't know whether to book the shipping and flights based on the worst date (presume 21st Dec) or hold off.

Does anyone know if you have to send off your passport to have the visa attached or if it is possible to complete via appointment at Australia House in London?

:err:

I'm pretty sure from what people are saying in the long thread that you just get an email and that's it, it's electronically attached to your passport so comes up when it's scanned, that same way an eVisitor visa does.

My husband is 40 in early december, so if it were granted then it would be a great present. Our flight is close to the 7 month mark, so hopefully we'll be safe. We'll call up if it hasn't been granted by mid December to see what's happening.

That's what they're saying for new applicants (after July 1st). I believe as far as possible they try to stick with the published processing times.

hi i live in scotland and my fiance is currently in melbourne in his new job our visa agent told us that it would only be a matter of 2-3 weeks for me and my son to be added on to my partners 457 visitor visa. what type of visa is it you have applied for and where are you living just now? i am really starting to doubt the timescale i have been given. thanks

Waiting is frustrating isn't it? We're busying ourselves with selling the house and sorting out logistics. Our estimate has changed from "Late Nov to late Dec" to "Late Dec to early Jan". Our flights are booked for Jan 20th, so hopefully it'll be granted before then!

Ive just noticed we both have the same date for application sent and CO assigned. Will be curious to see how this all pans out in terms of our grant dates haha.

I keep flittering over the book flights button but still cant commit at the minute haha, scardy cat i am

Ive just noticed we both have the same date for application sent and CO assigned. Will be curious to see how this all pans out in terms of our grant dates haha.

I keep flittering over the book flights button but still cant commit at the minute haha, scardy cat i am

Looks like that's at least 3 of us for the same dates :)

i know the feeling about flights...

hi i live in scotland and my fiance is currently in melbourne in his new job our visa agent told us that it would only be a matter of 2-3 weeks for me and my son to be added on to my partners 457 visitor visa. what type of visa is it you have applied for and where are you living just now? i am really starting to doubt the timescale i have been given. thanks

I believe it's much quicker to get a partner 457 than the 309/100 partner visa so the processing time you've been given may be correct. Good luck :-)

Our daughter will start school at the end of January so we had to arrive before that. I wanted to go first week of January, but I'm glad we didn't book for then now that the time may have drifted out a bit. Flights start getting much cheaper from Jan 20th as well.

Our daughter will start school at the end of January so we had to arrive before that. I wanted to go first week of January, but I'm glad we didn't book for then now that the time may have drifted out a bit. Flights start getting much cheaper from Jan 20th as well.

I think we are booking flights for april, silly saving up and all that haha! looking at Qantas, seem to be the cheapest i have seen so far.

who you thinking of flying with MNG75?

We're flying with Qantas. I normally fly Emirates as they go from Birmingham, but as it's a one way flight that's not so much of a concern. Also, it'll be on the A380 which will be nice to experience. This will be the first time I've travelled with the kids with Qantas, last time it was just me, and it's the first time flying with the kids that I haven't had a bulkhead seat.

Guest jimmythebeak

Thanks mng75, auspanda25 and jdizzle! I emailed LG and she confirmed that the visa is an eVisa and you don't have to send off your passport or get anything physically added to it.

I'm figuring that I can go off to Vietnam on the way to Oz and let the visa drop in before turning up. Obviously there is a risk there but there is no reason why the visa shouldn't be completed.

If you let them know when you're travelling it should be possible for them to grant it before you enter the country.

Be sure to have loads of US dollars for Vietnam, you'll have to pay a departure tax at the airport, and they're a bit funny with luggage as well (or were in Hanoi anyway). I had to kick up a huge fuss to be allowed to put all my luggage (that they'd allowed in Melbourne) back on the plane.

• 1 month later...
Guest jimmythebeak

Visa granted on Friday (30th Nov)! I saw that someone else had been granted and gave LG a little push.

Full steam ahead now with an arrival date of 20th Jan in Melbourne.

309/100 application sent 21/6/2012. CO assigned (LG) 27/6. Medicals completed 4/7. No further info needed... Granted 30th November :)

Archived