AQF III obtained through Vetassess....Does this count as points? How/where to put in EOI?

Hot Welder

Confused about how to enter the information into EOI following skills assessment. :confused: Would appreciate any advice out there from anyone else who might have come across this.

I now have an AQF III (trade) Certificate following successful skills assessment. Do I enter this in the list of qualifications under 'education history?'

I am opting for the ENS 186 (in addition to 189) so it makes sense that potential employers should see that I have this, and the 'skills assessment' section doesn't ask for any details of this.

However when you try to put it in to the 'Education' section, it requires start and end dates of study, but this is not relelvant to me as it was gained through skills assessment.

Vetassess have not commented on my current qualifications in comparison to an Australian equivalent. Is this assumed as reflected in the issue of AQF III for claiming of points? Unless I missed something, Vetassess did not offer the option of assessing my qualification for points purposes at the time of applying for skills assessment.

Would it be my overseas qualification I enter, and put as 'recognised by assessing authority' for points? Or do I have to go through another process for this? Any help welcome.

Thanks in advance

Congratulations on the positive VETASSESS assessment.

That said, as you have been so dismissive of advice from agents I'm sure you'll understand if I decline the opportunity to reply to your questions.

Best regards.

Might I suggest such a response only serves to reinforce negative attitudes towards agents.

We are using an agent and a very good and professional one at that. People on this forum shouldnt be berated for not using one. No one knows their personnel or financial circumstances. They use forums like this to get help and advice from others who are earlier along in the visa process ! I am sure there will be someone along to give some advice to help. Suprised by Go Matilders response !

I am very thankful for all the help I have received from my agent and don't know what I would have done without him.

The paperwork involved is astounding.

Sorry I can't help with your query though!

I was told my skills assessment wasn't worth the paper it was written on and is only part of the initial migration process.

The real licensing begins once you land in Oz!

We are using an agent and a very good and professional one at that. People on this forum shouldnt be berated for not using one. No one knows their personnel or financial circumstances. They use forums like this to get help and advice from others who are earlier along in the visa process ! I am sure there will be someone along to give some advice to help. Suprised by Go Matilders response !

I'm not berating anyone.

But I am interested to see a posting by someone who has actively encouraged others not to use an agent - and questioning my motives in participating on this forum - now finding that the visa application process is not straightforward.

I have assisted many who are not clients over many years on this forum (and others) - as have other agents. In short, I do not take kindly to individuals such as the OP inferring that I only come on forums such as this to tout for business.

Best regards.

I'm not berating anyone.

But I am interested to see a posting by someone who has actively encouraged others not to use an agent - and questioning my motives in participating on this forum - now finding that the visa application process is not straightforward.

I have assisted many who are not clients over many years on this forum (and others) - as have other agents. In short, I do not take kindly to individuals such as the OP inferring that I only come on forums such as this to tout for business.

Best regards.

I have never claimed that the visa application process isstraightforward. If you have read my posts they are suggestive that SO FAR wehave found the process a fairly smooth one. That is not to say there has notbeen obstacles, but rather we have been able to overcome these WITHOUT the useof an agent. We completed the IELTS and Vetassess processes pretty much beforewe joined, and without any assistance from the forum. We can now share thisexperience with other users of the forum, and likewise ask others for theirassistance as we continue our journey.

Back to original topic:

I have this morning received an email response from Vetassess advising that the AQF III supersedes my qualification (NVQ Level 2) for migration purposes. Still unclear about how this is interpreted into the EOI, but await reply from DIAC, and will call Vetassess tonight to clarify their response.

Guest katie007

Back to original topic:

I have this morning received an email response from Vetassess advising that the AQF III supersedes my qualification (NVQ Level 2) for migration purposes. Still unclear about how this is interpreted into the EOI, but await reply from DIAC, and will call Vetassess tonight to clarify their response.

VETASSESS Customer Support Staff are very Good, I do not want to enter into the rest of this Post / Thread, but all should use Vetassess Customer Service Staff, they help many, then again they do chage enough for Assessments, so they should assist anyone who Pays. Glad you are on the way to resolving the Original Posting.

Hi HW

I'm also a fabricator/welder C & G qualified, we won't be yusing an agent either.

Any tips on the correct paperwork / evidence etc for getting through the skills assessment?

Cheers

Rob

The OP does not take kindly to an agent on here targeting my thread personally with unnecessary comments which reflect his obvious grievance with non-agent users, and those who choose to share this experience with others.

Your motives come into question the minute you choose to behave in such an unprofessional manner I'm afraid. Suggest if you do not wish doubts cast over your intentions, you refrain from such behaviour in future.

Furthermore, you have demonstrated in this thread how you 'pick' and 'choose' who to assist, and who not to. How else do you expect that to be interpreted?

'Interested to see'.....what exactly? A user who chooses not to use an agent using all other means of information/assistance available to them?? I have never claimed that the visa application process is straightforward. If you have read my posts they are suggestive that SO FAR we have found the process a fairly smooth one. That is not to say there has not been obstacles, but rather we have been able to overcome these WITHOUT the use of an agent. We completed the IELTS and Vetassess processes pretty much before we joined, and without any assistance from the forum. We can now share this experience with other users of the forum, and likewise ask others for their assistance as we continue our journey.

Far from finding ourselves in the negative situation you seem keen to point out, this additional source of information only ENHANCES the possibility of us, and others being able to complete the visa application process without an agent. Reminding you that when a user posts a question/query on here, any feedback/response becomes available and useful to ALL users.

Back to original topic:

The OP does not take kindly to an agent on here targeting my thread personally with unnecessary comments which reflect his obvious grievance with non-agent users, and those who choose to share this experience with others.

Your motives come into question the minute you choose to behave in such an unprofessional manner I'm afraid. Suggest if you do not wish doubts cast over your intentions, you refrain from such behaviour in future.

Furthermore, you have demonstrated in this thread how you 'pick' and 'choose' who to assist, and who not to. How else do you expect that to be interpreted?

'Interested to see'.....what exactly? A user who chooses not to use an agent using all other means of information/assistance available to them?? I have never claimed that the visa application process is straightforward. If you have read my posts they are suggestive that SO FAR we have found the process a fairly smooth one. That is not to say there has not been obstacles, but rather we have been able to overcome these WITHOUT the use of an agent. We completed the IELTS and Vetassess processes pretty much before we joined, and without any assistance from the forum. We can now share this experience with other users of the forum, and likewise ask others for their assistance as we continue our journey.

Far from finding ourselves in the negative situation you seem keen to point out, this additional source of information only ENHANCES the possibility of us, and others being able to complete the visa application process without an agent. Reminding you that when a user posts a question/query on here, any feedback/response becomes available and useful to ALL users.

Back to original topic:

Your comments questioning my motives and professionalism on a public forum are now approaching the point of being actionable - I suggest that both of us draw a line under this matter PDQ.

Regards.

Guest The Pom Queen

I think a few of us remember the threads in question where the agents were verbally abused, so I'm sorry I can see exactly where they are coming from now. On the same thread members were also abusing a case officer I hope for your sakes they aren't the ones working on your applications. Now maybe the personal insults can stop.

Hi HW

I'm also a fabricator/welder C & G qualified, we won't be yusing an agent either.

Any tips on the correct paperwork / evidence etc for getting through the skills assessment?

Cheers

Rob

Hi Rob

We gathered together a statement from employer, (see vetassess site for details of what should be included in this) payslips, bank statements and tax records from time with employer also. For period of self employment we gathered bank statements, accounts, tax records, took photographs of work carried out, business card, flyers, health and safety policy/certificates, copies of business insurance certificates, supplier and customer invoices.

Also CV, qualification certificates, (were missing, had to obtain copies) copy of passport (essential) and anything else we could get our hands on! If we were not sure of anything we emailed Vetassess directly, and found them to be very responsive to queries, if a little vague at times. Usually a follow-up email would clarify anything we were still unclear about.

Best of luck with your assessment.

Archived