Travelling on valid 457 After applying for 189 visa

thegeek

Can anybody clarify if there would be any bearing on the visa application decision if I travel on my existing valid 457 visa to Sydney(From my current location in India) after I have applied my 189 visa invitation. My office work might require me to travel soon(like 3 weeks from now) before which I'll be applying for the 189 invite I have received. Would I need to fill any form for change in address as well?

I was there from Jan till July this year but had to travel back offshore. Currently I am in India and would be travelling again on official work on my 457.

In the same job? That is, are you still working in the job you were sponsored for?

Can anybody clarify if there would be any bearing on the visa application decision if I travel on my existing valid 457 visa to Sydney(From my current location in India) after I have applied my 189 visa invitation. My office work might require me to travel soon(like 3 weeks from now) before which I'll be applying for the 189 invite I have received. Would I need to fill any form for change in address as well?

You would've already disclosed in your 189 visa application that you have a 457 visa to Australia. If you haven't lied in any part of your application, your role is same as the occupation you're applying under in 189, I don't think there is any issue... at all. You would, however, be required to updated your current address with the DIAC.. and upon grant, would need to go out and come back again to validate your visa. Other members could most probably elaborate more on that..

You would've already disclosed in your 189 visa application that you have a 457 visa to Australia. If you haven't lied in any part of your application, your role is same as the occupation you're applying under in 189, I don't think there is any issue... at all. You would, however, be required to updated your current address with the DIAC.. and upon grant, would need to go out and come back again to validate your visa. Other members could most probably elaborate more on that..

Yes, That would be correct. I'll obviously disclose my 457 in the application for 189 and will be working in the same role as the occupation under 189. I just hope changing the current address again to a Sydney one doesn't delay it further. I guess that wouldn't mean I'll need a PCC from Australia as well(The total time lived would still be around 8 months by then which is less than an year).

Thanks for putting me at ease. I thought as much, that I'll need to go back to get the visa validated. Fingers crossed.

Archived