457 visa - question regarding police checks and more :)

Maruska

Hi,

we applied for 176 visa in June. We were referred to "outside agency" for external security checks due to living in a HR country at one point ( me and husband are both nurses and used to work in Saudi Arabia 8 years ago). I tried to trace timelines of other applicants for security checks, doesn`t look encouraging, took as much as 3 years for some people. Also our CO advised that it might take up to a year:confused:.

So now we are looking into the possibility of coming out on 457 employer sponsored visa until our 176 visa comes through.

My questions are::biggrin:

1) does 457 require police checks from all countries that we lived in for the past 10 years? ( apart from Saudi 8 y ago we only lived in the USA and these checks have already been processed)

2) we lodged our 176 application online, do we have to submit our documents again with 457 applications or not?

3) same for medicals, we did medicals at the end of July ( whole family) and they have been finalized, do we need to contact the doctor to send them again for the 457 visa?

4) I read somewhere on PIO that the last visa issued overrides the previous visa, what happens if 176 magically appears ( not much chance of that) and 457 isn`t granted yet, would we be able to withdraw the application? Is there any risk that 457 will override 176 visa if issued later?:shocked:really don`t want that happening

we have pretty much everything ready to go ( except sponsorship/job offer) - medicals, IELTS, AHPRA eligibility. How long does it usually take to find a sponsor and how long for the 457 visa process?

Thanks

Thanks ABA, do you know if I need to contact the clinic again to resubmit my medicals as part of new application? Or DIAC can find them since they are part of my 176 application?

As long as the medicals have been done correctly the results will be available to DIAC electronically.

Guest Will Low

As soon as our job offer came through our 457 visa took 8 days to come through.busy packing at pres.

Hi,

we applied for 176 visa in June. We were referred to "outside agency" for external security checks due to living in a HR country at one point ( me and husband are both nurses and used to work in Saudi Arabia 8 years ago). I tried to trace timelines of other applicants for security checks, doesn`t look encouraging, took as much as 3 years for some people. Also our CO advised that it might take up to a year:confused:.

So now we are looking into the possibility of coming out on 457 employer sponsored visa until our 176 visa comes through.

My questions are::biggrin:

1) does 457 require police checks from all countries that we lived in for the past 10 years? ( apart from Saudi 8 y ago we only lived in the USA and these checks have already been processed)

2) we lodged our 176 application online, do we have to submit our documents again with 457 applications or not?

3) same for medicals, we did medicals at the end of July ( whole family) and they have been finalized, do we need to contact the doctor to send them again for the 457 visa?

4) I read somewhere on PIO that the last visa issued overrides the previous visa, what happens if 176 magically appears ( not much chance of that) and 457 isn`t granted yet, would we be able to withdraw the application? Is there any risk that 457 will override 176 visa if issued later?:shocked:really don`t want that happening

we have pretty much everything ready to go ( except sponsorship/job offer) - medicals, IELTS, AHPRA eligibility. How long does it usually take to find a sponsor and how long for the 457 visa process?

Thanks

Wow that`s real fast Kerry, we`ll need medicals for sure ( requirement for nurses) but these are already done anyway. We are still hoping that our son can start the school year with other kids at the end of January ( he will be going to Kindergarten) . Thanks so much for sharing your experience.

Archived