ENS - The direct entry stream or Skill Select - which one is faster?

Merxi

Hi all,

I just got my positive Assessment as Web Developer. Now I have to decide which way to go. I can apply for ENS - The direct entry stream or Skill select.

Which one should be faster way?

Do you know how long it take to get nomination from company?

Thank you

Ok, so I've just adjusted my post as I realise I had misunderstood yours, and answered with non relevant info...

So do you have a job confirmed? to go for ENS - direct entry, you need to have an employer willing to nominate you. if you don't have this, then this pathway is not available to you right now. You need the employer to submit their bit, and for them to be approved, before you can apply.

If you're already working for a company which is eligible to sponsor and has offered to do it I would think that will be quicker than skill select. It's what I'm doing, and it's been quite straight forward so far.

Our sponsor is in the same position as yours, have done it lots of times before, but we're among the first since July changes. Given that, I think time lines are hard to predict. I expect there is a backlog from pre changes to clear first.

They key change after July 1st (new rules) is that Employers need to meet the training benchmark requirements similar to the 457 requirements during the nomination phase itself.

If an employer has sponsored 457 in the past successfully then there is no significant change in what they need to evidence, it is just that it needs to be done prior to the visa application (i.e. in the nomination stage).

The priority seems to be RSMS > ENS > Skillselect (EOI)

Considering that the training benchmarks are the main reason company’s fail to be approved under the 457 program, this research is crucial.

The fact that a company may have previously had ENS nominations approved under the old system does not mean they will be successful under the new system.

Also, under the new system, if applying under the Temporary Residence Stream, criteria such as “2 years on a 457” are now part of the nomination application, not the visa.

Good luck!

Hi all,

I just got my positive Assessment as Web Developer.

Some questions :

1. Who was the assessing authority?

2. How many years of your work-ex was assessed by the authority?

3. In relation to #2 for the 3 years work-ex requirement for DIAC, does that have to be assessed or you can submit the original employment letters regardless of whether it was assessed or not?

Archived