Will a One Year Working Holiday Visa affect app for Skilled Migrant Visa later on?

lawyergal

Hiya

I am thinking of applying for a one year holiday working visa but can't work out if this would affect me applying for a skilled migrant visa later on?

I am a Solicitor in the UK and think I would like to eventually migrate to be with my boyfriend who lives there but thought I would try the working holiday visa to start with. However I am unsure if having a working holiday visa now would stop me from successfully applying for a skilled migrant visa in the future.

Does anyone know/have any advice as I am rapidly approaching my 31st birthday so need to get a move on!

Thanks

:)

It used to be that for skilled migration 12 out of 24 months recent work experience was necessary and people could shoot themselves in the foot by going on a WHV for a year and with a bit of time off before and after, they would then find they no longer meet that 12 / 24 requirement.

However that requirement is no longer there, I can think of no reason why a WHV would jeopardise a future skilled migration visa.

Archived