Calling all Nurses! Help!!

mzibob

I've been living in Aus for 2 years on a Sponsorship visa (457).

The visa ends shortly, so I'm leaving the country for weeks, during this time I'll be switching to a WHV.

I have the intention of working as a midwife when I return, for a few months, in the same job I've worked in the last 2 years.

My question is, will I need an up to date medical? Or do you think as I've been working in the job 2 years and have current registration, I won't need one??

Anyone been in this situation??

Any advice welcome!!

The visa ends shortly, so I'm leaving the country for weeks, during this time I'll be switching to a WHV.

I have the intention of working as a midwife when I return, for a few months, in the same job I've worked in the last 2 years.

My question is, will I need an up to date medical? Or do you think as I've been working in the job 2 years and have current registration, I won't need one??

Any advice welcome!!

Hi, why is your 457 ending after 2 years and not 4? I am hoping to come to oz on a 457 but hope to change to permanent soon after .

Guest Guest26012

Any advice welcome!!

same question as mzibob, why are you not remaining on your 457 visa, I too thought they were renewed after two years to extend to four years? Have you no option to do PR yet?