4 x 4 - Tips, Trips, Repairs

Guest The Pom Queen

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Lol don't worry there will be plenty of pictures. Although I'm sat here wondering if I will need thermals for nights.

16 to 22 C at night, 10 PM and a blanket will be needed...Err, 2 blankets and trackie pants and a pullover....

Elsey camp NT September (Near Mataranka)...Actually shivering hence camera shake

The2011Trip007.jpg

Cheers, Bobj.

Guest The Pom Queen
Remember, lotsa water and wide brimmed hats. The forby...diesel, or petrol? I will be taking 40 litres of diesel.

Cheers, Bobj.

Diesel main tank takes 80 litres and we have a 20litre jerry, do we need another?

Guest The Pom Queen
16 to 22 C at night, 10 PM and a blanket will be needed...Err, 2 blankets and trackie pants and a pullover....

Elsey camp NT September (Near Mataranka)...Actually shivering hence camera shake

Cheers, Bobj.

I know we were cold camping at Maytown but during the day it was high 20's

Guest The Pom Queen
Not if you don't use the air-con.:no:

Errr, I can get from Mt Isa to 3 Ways on the one tank (636km) and the tank is 65 litres.

Cheers, Bobj.

Lol sod that, we need aircon :tongue:

Hya,

Just got meself another 60 series. Flogged the last one about a year ago and picked up a 89' HJ60 with 2x owners and 270k on the clock for 5k with a RWC two weeks ago. Having now sold the ute - will be getting it set up for a few missions..... Mainly spend weekends (well, one day a weekend) training on the enduro bike but keen to get out and do some 4x4 as well on the day off from dirt bikes. Pal of mine has just got a late model patrol too.

Basically know all the tracks and spots to the west of Mellers as we spend 8hrs a weekend on the dirt bikes! Good old fashioned fun hey.....

Looks like we will be taking a bunch, or 2 of bananas.

Reminds me...There is a border post just in the WA/NT border and some of the officers are savage when it comes to fresh fruit and vegies, spuds, hessian bags, orange boxes, firewood etc. No honey, either. They insist on looking through all eskies.

So be aware.

The bananas will have been eaten by then.:laugh:

Cheers, Bobj.

Went up to the high country to find some snow.

9 cars of various capabilities, some steep rocky and slippery slopes and throw in about 10 river crossings and a fun day was had by all.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1377683455.601044.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1377683466.800692.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1377683477.884688.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1377683455.601044.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1377683466.800692.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1377683477.884688.jpg

Edited by furkew

Bl**dy wusses...Be interesting to see the stats later on. (I averaged 36mpg...7.75 litres/100km last trip, no air-con)

Cheers, Bobj.

I have seen a couple of outback tests in magazines and air-conditioning use doesn't make that much of a difference on fuel consumption in newer vehicles nowadays. That said you can never have too much fuel if you have the room.

My fuel consumption was around 20l per 100 k's in the mountains and a bloody long way to the nearest servo so was glad to have 2 Jerry's with 20l in each just incase. (Petrol 3.8 v6 designed for the US so low fuel consumption was never top of the priorities list)

Guest guest30085
Went up to the high country to find some snow.

9 cars of various capabilities, some steep rocky and slippery slopes and throw in about 10 river crossings and a fun day was had by all.

[ATTACH]20674[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]20675[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]20676[/ATTACH]

This ^^^ looks like fun :)

Great photos

This ^^^ looks like fun :)

Great photos

It was a great day out and the scenery is amazing out there.

In the longest video you can see the carnage caused by bushfires last year and then storms over the last winter. There were thousands of trees down everywhere. In some places it would have been an ideal setting for Harry potter and voldemort to have a battle in a spooky/haunted/desolate forest.

Nature at its best and also how it can be devastating at the same time.

Guest The Pom Queen

Well as I'm struggling getting up off the floor we bought a higher blow up air bed. It only just fits in the tent and the little one has claimed it :wink:

image.jpg

image.jpg

Well as I'm struggling getting up off the floor we bought a higher blow up air bed. It only just fits in the tent and the little one has claimed it :wink:

Your Pajero is the same colour as our one now departed.

we have 3 of the higher blow up air beds now, and they are great for the missus, but I actually don't like them myself.

give me a stretcher or just roll out the swag and i'm as happy as Larry and sleep like a log. (normally alcohol induced sleep if its bush camping and involves sitting around a big bush telly talking BS)

how long are you guys planning on heading out for?

About 3 weeks; Jo and I might look at another week...if the barra are biting.fishing1.gif

Like your idea of the swag rolled out, that's how we have always done it. I found a camping mattress on one of our beaches and it is just the bees knees.thumbs.gif

Cheers, Bobj.

Guest The Pom Queen

Had to buy a larger roof rack today, how much :elvis: Its a good job the other two kids don't want to come as we are still going to be full. They need to do 4 x 4 the size and flexibility of the Kia carnival