reccie

Obi Wan Kenobi

Will be coming over early Jan 2013 for around 4-6 weeks to look at short-list of areas to live in and possibly some job interviews / introductions. Area being considered is the Sunshine Coast from north of Brisbane up to Noosa, at a push Hervey Bay. Thinking of spending roughly 2/3s of the time doing this and 1/3 doing some holiday stuff like Great Barrier Reef, Whitsundays possibly even a quick trip to Byron Bay. I am wondering what is the most comfortable and cost-effective way of staying on the Sunshine Coast while looking around and where to look for accommodation. The hotels look great but this seems mightily expensive if staying for 3+ weeks; is there anywhere who provides a good standard of private rental for such a short period of time and if so, where to look for it? Is 6 weeks too long even?

Any other advice and assistance would be greatly accepted.

Thanks in advance.

Hi Obi,

I'm originally from just north of the Sunny Coast. Perhaps a cabin in a caravan park might be a cheap option for longer term holiday accom. I know there's a few in Maroochydore that used to be alright, but as they're on the water, they might be a bit more expensive than you would find in the hinterland.

Tips: Make sure you get fish and chips from the end of the spit in mooloolaba, and visit eumundi markets while you're there!

A

• 3 months later...

Excited you must be, Obi Wan.

Try Stayz.com.au, zincnoosa.com.au and gumtree.com.au

Zinc have a nice basic apartment at Sunrise Beach called aptly seaview or something which works out really economically and is centrally located to explore North and South. PM me for more details if you need. We are moving from Maroochydore to Marcus Beach just south of Sunrise. Lovely area.

Archived