does anyone beleive you will get pr on 885

bmw2705

hi we have put in for pr on a 885 visa and my husband is a hairdresser now i beleive thats cat4 for which we are skilled independant and ive heard thats its taking 3 yrs to process and we have been here 4yrs on various visas by daughter has just turned 18 and has a job but i beleive she has to be dependant on us when being processed so all i can think is she leaves her job nearer the time any advise this is the only visa for us whats the chance do u think of getting pr is it 100% ???

what if she gets engaged are her chances better or ours any advise or experiance would be great

First off, how long ago did you apply? Your job has to be on the sol, which hairdresser isn't, unless you applied before feb 2010 for the 485 I believe.

If you applied before then under the old rules then you would still be eligible for the visa. However, your daughter is only eligible if she is dependent when the visa is granted. By the sounds of it she isn't any more.

Someone from my course applied for the 885 in December 2009 and theirs was approved a couple of months ago (same category as hairdresser).

You have no way of knowing when your visa will be issued.

How long has she been out of education? I think it may be too late.

Engaged would only help if she (and he) were prepared to get married pretty sharpish. If they had been living together for a year they would be ok, but they would need lots of evidence, and if the relationship breaks down in the first three years (including the year living together to get the defacto visa in the first place) then she is back to having to leave the country.

You are in a really tricky position, I would really invest in a migration agent ASAP!

hi we have put in for pr on a 885 visa and my husband is a hairdresser now i beleive thats cat4 for which we are skilled independant and ive heard thats its taking 3 yrs to process and we have been here 4yrs on various visas by daughter has just turned 18 and has a job but i beleive she has to be dependant on us when being processed so all i can think is she leaves her job nearer the time any advise this is the only visa for us whats the chance do u think of getting pr is it 100% ???

what if she gets engaged are her chances better or ours any advise or experiance would be great

Sorry can't help out much with the daughter questions, but when did you apply for your 885 visa? I applied for mine 4 years ago, on 15/03/2012 and it's about to be finalised now (DIAC are just waiting for me to give them a return date, as I went offshore last year, but they recently sent me a pre-grant letter saying as per the condition for the 885 visa, I need to be back in the country by the time they make a final decision). If you check my signature, it will give you a time frame of how long it's taken for my application to be processed. But yes, it does take a while to get this visa!

885 visa you would be Cat 5.

If your daughter has left full time education and is currently working she would no longer be classed as a dependent. You would need to show that she has been fully dependent on you since turning 18. Being in full time education is the best way to prove this. You should speak to a registered migration agent quickly on the best way to keep your daughter as a dependent on you. Putting money in her accounts etc.

If you daughter gets engaged she is no longer a dependent on you, and applying for a partner visa would be the one for her.

Get advice now from a registered migration agent for the best stratagie to keep your daughter as a dependent.

yes we have been here 5 yrs and are on 485 graduate visa but put in 2 months ago for 885 we have a migrant agent got one yesterday he says dont worry about daughter even if they fall out she is part of family unit and has no family elsewere as her cousins and aunt live in queenland . but is his advise sound ?????

as she has been here since 13 yr its wrong u have to wait 3yrs plus does anyone know can u go to tafe and not pay international fees as they are expensive as i no you get full work rights on 485 but what about tafe fees or even when the bridging visa kicks in what about then

Archived