cars in the heat

Guest Working to fish

Guest Working to fish

HI guys, can anyone tell us are there any makes or models of cars that don't do that well in the heat of qld?

We're thinking along the lines of buying a 4x4 or people carrier, are there any we should avoid? Any advice appreciated.

eddie,tina:):)

Guest Working to fish
Yer Dont Buy A Skoda Cause There Made Of Cake And All The Icing Will Run Off The Wings And Roof Haaaa Haaaa Haaaaa

lmao

eddie,tina:biglaugh::biglaugh:

Yer Dont Buy A Skoda Cause There Made Of Cake And All The Icing Will Run Off The Wings And Roof Haaaa Haaaa Haaaaa

Nah, over here the skodas are made of sand - can't imagine that does much good for the engine!!!!

Seriously though, Eddie do not get any leather trim on the seats. Even with air con it gets a tad warm and sticky and hot leather is a quick way to not only wax your legs but peel all the skin off as well! One school I went to for the day had no shade in their car park and the temperature hit 38 that day. When I got in my car I was doing so well, windows had been left slightly open so as to reduce the furnace a little but I burnt my arm on the leather bit at the edge of the seat - ouch!

Felicity

• 2 weeks later...
Guest sharleen29

We have a black car at the moment and in summer time nearly kills us and thats in Belfast!

Hate to think wat it would be like in Oz!!

xxx

Nah, over here the skodas are made of sand - can't imagine that does much good for the engine!!!!

Seriously though, Eddie do not get any leather trim on the seats. Even with air con it gets a tad warm and sticky and hot leather is a quick way to not only wax your legs but peel all the skin off as well! One school I went to for the day had no shade in their car park and the temperature hit 38 that day. When I got in my car I was doing so well, windows had been left slightly open so as to reduce the furnace a little but I burnt my arm on the leather bit at the edge of the seat - ouch!

Felicity

Lucky we have cooling fans in our leather seats in our BMW:twitcy:....ony kidding. It helps resale values on a prestige motor if you have leather seats. Best way is to keep the car in the shade/garage/carport or get a car cover if your really concerned.

White cars look good in the sun.

on the subject of air con, on my way home from work yesterday what looked like dry ice came steaming out of the air vents so i turned the AC off for a while then turned it back on again (well it works with computers) and now it blows out the most vial smell, like a thousand smelly feet . And no it wasn't my feet!.

While i'm here does anyone find that the glass (talking about hoses now) is softer that back home? its my job to do the windows and i'm finding it imposible to get the streaks out when i clean them.

The air con in the living room smells like urine when i first turn it on too

:chatterbox:

aldo give up and buy a fan!!

Cal x

i actually prefer ceiling fans, but not that practical in a car. I would love a punka wallah (not for the car) but you just cant get them nowadays

Guest John Sydney

For all cars in Australia its best to stay away from European made cars unless your in a major city - reason - spare parts and the amount of glass used in the car - for 4 x 4 jap ones are the best - landrover have a lousy name in Australia Naturally white is a better colour for a car plus cloth seats not vinyl or leather or but a damp towel over the seat ----- But I must admit I love the smell of leather seats so thats what I have w/AC

As for cleaning windows the best cleaner is Mentholated sprints with newspaper (metho is cheap in any super market )

on the subject of air con, on my way home from work yesterday what looked like dry ice came steaming out of the air vents so i turned the AC off for a while then turned it back on again (well it works with computers) and now it blows out the most vial smell, like a thousand smelly feet . And no it wasn't my feet!.

While i'm here does anyone find that the glass (talking about hoses now) is softer that back home? its my job to do the windows and i'm finding it imposible to get the streaks out when i clean them.

The air con in the living room smells like urine when i first turn it on too

:chatterbox:

Your aircon has built up a fungus bacteria and hence the smell. If you go to a car shop like repco, ask for a bacterial remover for you a/c. This is a small can which you leave in the car for a few minutes and it should remove the bacteria with the a/c in circulation mode.

Your aircon has built up a fungus bacteria and hence the smell. If you go to a car shop like repco, ask for a bacterial remover for you a/c. This is a small can which you leave in the car for a few minutes and it should remove the bacteria with the a/c in circulation mode.

thanks for that. I'll give it a go

Archived