Moving companies - Adel to Melb or vice versa

emu

Hi all

anyone on here has moved from Adelaide to Melbourne or the other way round?

Looking for a moving company but one that can lift furniture if needed up a few floors into the air if it doesn't fit through stairs - 60/70s type of apartments.

Already been given one quote of someone that can do that ... Just wanted to compare.

Anyone else had the issue of furniture not fitting through the stairs? Been told that even a queen bed could be a problem.

The stairs sound a nightmare but I presume the people who live there already have furniture.
Thanks for bumping the thread up but your answer is not very useful Wouldn't ask the question unless needed.Been told before by movers that some of my furniture won't fit up stairs and lots of flats in Melb are the same as they built 60-70s and very narrow stair cases

• 2 weeks later...

Are you moving from Adelaide to Melbourne or the other way around?? Klose's Removals in Adelaide have done a great job whenever we've moved.

Short of hiring a magician, I doubt you're going to find many removalists who can move furniture through gaps that are physically smaller than the furniture ;)

Thanks for the advice.

It looks like Crown can lift furniture to a 2nd floor or higher if needed via a balcony door or side window.

This is quite common in flats in Europe or America, can't believe most people never heard of it ...

Archived