Adelaide and beyond, Jan 2013

Guest LTUK89

Hellooo to all the lovely people who I hope just might stumble across this thread..

My WHV came through in no time and I've just booked a one way ticket from sunny Manchester, UK to Adelaide, AU in January! I have a 24 hour layover in Singapore so first off has anybody spent any time there and if so what must-do's should I pack in to that 24h?!

I hear Adelaide and South Australia in general is beautiful so I hope I've picked the right time of year to go.. I'm planning to arrive and get in to a job straight away. I know too many people who have gone OTT in the first few weeks and ended up skint in no time. One of them was so brassic he resorted to stealing blocks of cheese just to get by:dull: ... I don't condone stealing :no:, the point is I have no intention of ending up like that and would much prefer to set off on the first leg of my Great Australian Adventure with more money than worries! I would like to get my 3 months agricultural work done asap then I can keep my options open, so what would be best near Adelaide at that time of year?

One thing I definitely want to do is the east coast, but whether to move along to Melbourne and up, or go straight across the red centre up to Cairns and work my way down - I don't know. Any advice here would be GREATLY appreciated :biggrin:.

And anyone who is planning to go down under early 2013 I would love to speak to you, maybe have a beer or 2 (or 3.. 10) when we're there! I'm as easy going as they come and travelling with a couple of like minded people sounds great.

Ta,

Luke

to any kind souls who take the time to respond :notworthy: thanks x

I seem to remember there being loads of work becoming available for jan-feb time in QLD, probably in the other states aswell as it's summer time, NT you can't go wrong theres agri work all year round. Gotta get in there quick though. start looking now trust me there'll be companies saying they need a 100 or so people to help them out in jan time even later and they get taken quick! Goworkabout.com.au, taw.com.au and the harvest jobs on the govt website are the best ones. Can't go wrong with gumtree either.

With regards to your route, go where the work is and where you can have fun and see stuff, if you're nto fussed about that just do what you want to see first, again you might blow a load of money though, perhaps get your work in first and plan your travels around and after work.

Lots of luck though, you'll have loads of fun!

Adelaide is very nice btw :)

Edited by BritChickx

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi,

My name is Hayley and i will be moving to Adelaide at the very beginning of February. My flight lands on the 6th in fact. I already have my working holiday Visa and i will be looking for Harvest/Fruit picking work once i get there to gain my 2nd year visa. Will you be doing the same?

After that i guess i will be looking for a job.

Happy to chat. please pm :-)

x

Hellooo to all the lovely people who I hope just might stumble across this thread..

My WHV came through in no time and I've just booked a one way ticket from sunny Manchester, UK to Adelaide, AU in January! I have a 24 hour layover in Singapore so first off has anybody spent any time there and if so what must-do's should I pack in to that 24h?!

I hear Adelaide and South Australia in general is beautiful so I hope I've picked the right time of year to go.. I'm planning to arrive and get in to a job straight away. I know too many people who have gone OTT in the first few weeks and ended up skint in no time. One of them was so brassic he resorted to stealing blocks of cheese just to get by:dull: ... I don't condone stealing :no:, the point is I have no intention of ending up like that and would much prefer to set off on the first leg of my Great Australian Adventure with more money than worries! I would like to get my 3 months agricultural work done asap then I can keep my options open, so what would be best near Adelaide at that time of year?

One thing I definitely want to do is the east coast, but whether to move along to Melbourne and up, or go straight across the red centre up to Cairns and work my way down - I don't know. Any advice here would be GREATLY appreciated :biggrin:.

And anyone who is planning to go down under early 2013 I would love to speak to you, maybe have a beer or 2 (or 3.. 10) when we're there! I'm as easy going as they come and travelling with a couple of like minded people sounds great.

Ta,

Luke

to any kind souls who take the time to respond :notworthy: thanks x

Edited by noworriesmate
removed email address as per forum rules