Would need a 7 in IELTS to get 190 visa, or just go for 489 visa ????

Tids

Hi

I am 5 points short of being able to get a 190 visa, do I take the IELTS test I would only need a score of 7, has anybody done it? Is it easy to get a score of 7? Or do I just apply for the 489 visa which I have enough points for already, but am a bit concerned about the working restrictions on the 489 as I might want to work in a FIFO job would this cause a problem

Thanks for any help you can give me

Craig

About the IELTS, scoring a 7 is not that difficult. With some practice and training you can easily achieve a 7. I am a non-native English speaker and was able to get 7+ in all the sections on the very first attempt. Just practice the test with many books (I used the one from Cambridge University Press)available in the market as well many free resources available on-line and you will be fine. Best of luck :)

If you're a native English speaker IELTS is quite straight forward, although like everyone else says, practice papers are a definate help. I had the official IELTS pack with an audio cd with a listening practice test and samples of speaking tests and I found that really helpful. Don't under-estimate it though, it's a proper exam under exam conditions and was like being back at school. I get my results this weekend. Also having IELTS looks to be a big plus with some states when it comes to nomination, even compulsory level 7's in some cases I've seen. £125 sounds a lot but in the grand scheme of things, it's a means to an end. Good luck.

Archived