Import permit HELP! Cat flies on Tuesday

landr

Hi everyone,

Just after some advice and in a rush.

• My cat flies on Tuesday and I have her last vets app booked for 5pm Monday. My pet agent has said that the vet doesn't touch the import permit is this right? Is there at veterinary certificate A with the export health certificate that needs filling out as I am only aware of there being a certificate a with import.

I should trust my vet but I seem to know more than him and I'm really not keen on him.

Any help would be great! So close now and don't want to mess up!

Who's your pet agent? If they're a good one, they'll know for sure

I have a recollection that there is a section on the import permit that looks like it should be filled out, but doesn't because the DEFRA form covers it....

But that was a while ago - hopefully someone who's a bit more recent than me will know!

Yeah that's what it looks like. Definitely looks like it should be filled out.

Ok hopefully I can nip back on Tuesday morning if I do it wrong. I'll look out for the DEFRA stuff when I get there and see if it is similar.

Thanks so much for your reply yet again!!

Laura

I'd definitely check with the agent you're using - when Satch flew I was terrified it all looked wrong, but then her documentation guide from the agent specifically says the AQIS certificate can be left blank, but still has to travel.

Call you travel agent and check with them for peach of mind

Guest MySydney

Way too late now... but I'm just curious to know: how did it all go? I came here with my cat and it was traumatic for me (and for the cat as well...).

Way too late now... but I'm just curious to know: how did it all go? I came here with my cat and it was traumatic for me (and for the cat as well...).

It was stressful!!

Everything was fine up until the last minute and at the last check up which was the day before she flies while having the tick and flea treatment and filling out part A the vet found a little bit of flea dirt. Was so upsetting as we de-flead and de-wormed her regularly as well as spraying the house and in all checks I haven't found anything, but obviously they were there. Quite upsetting as she is an indoor cat but the people before had a cat so I think they are in the house.

So the vet said he couldn't sign her off! He was saying is there anyway we could rearrange flights etc and put it off. Argh! So i said I would take her home, bathe her and bring her back with no sign of anything the next day. Which I did and he signed her off fine. This was a different vet to the other one i've been seeing and he was actually lovely and so good with the paperwork.

If everything had gone to plan it would have been fine! Just a last minute hiccup.

From what I've heard she was angry when she got there but settling in well. I can go see her next Friday and can't wait!! How did your cat go in quarantine? Was she ok when he/she came out? My cat has been in a cattery for 2 weeks before so I know she will come out fine, she just didn't have the horrible flight last time.

Such a worrying time!

Guest MySydney

Hi,

My cat had to stay in quarantine for 1 month if I remember well. She came out fine at the end of her stay but it didn't start off too well: between the time she flew and the time I was able to see her (she actually flew a few days before us), it had been a week, and the poor thing refused to eat that entire week. So when I saw her the staff at the quarantine asked me to stay with her until she ate, and she did .After that, she was fine during her entire stay. When she came to her new house, she adapted very well and quickly, and has been in great shape since then (7 years later). I must say the staff at the quarantine was pretty good, and I made sure she had her favorite foods available to her (they have a great range of different foods, and if they don't have it I think you can bring your own, or they will order it.

So good luck with it all. You must be so worried (I remember I was) but your cat is most likely fine. He/she'll be so happy to see you on Friday! Prepare to be covered with cat hair! Keep us updated!

Archived