Secondary Schools in Melbourne's central northern suburbs

Darius Kedros

Hi PIO people,

My family & I are moving from Brighton, UK, to Melbourne's central northern suburbs in January 2013. Does anyone have the lowdown on government co-ed secondary schools in the Coburg, Fitzroy North, Brunswick, Thornbury, Fairfield areas please? My boys are not quite that age yet, but we're attempting to take their secondary education into account when choosing what specific area(s) to move to, or to avoid. We have been advised that the primary schools are generally very good in these areas, but the secondary schools are more varied.

What might be really helpful to hear about is secondary schools to avoid, and schools to aspire to.

Thanks in advance,

Darius

:happy_face_outlaw_s :animal-bat:

•  

the high school that is most sought after is University High School but you have to live in the zone and its in Parkville which is a $$ suburb.

ww.unihigh.vic.edu.au

If you are interested in private education you need to get your children's names down as soon as you can. There are many fine private high schools around the City.

Have a look at the education department's site and also the independent schools site.

You could also join a forum such as essential baby which is a forum for everything to do with children and child hood. Often member of these groups are a great source of information.

Archived