Skillselect - Easy Questions..

Kimorjack

hi all,

Luckily being able to finally complete an EOI...but couldn't easily any "simple" checklist for the questions...so want to make sure we do this right!

PART ONE - Query!

a) Family Members - (Are there any family members the client would like to include in a future application?) - YES Is my answer!

b) How Many family Members - 2 (wife and child)

c) Would the client be accompanied by the client's partner in a future application? --> Weird question - YES, but I've already answered this in b) ??

Am I reading this incorrectly!?

Part TWO - Query!

IELTS --> Test Reference Number --> I only have a Test Report Form Number on my IELTS Certificate - is this the same?

MY IELTS Score's were: R(8), L (8), W(8.5), S (9) --> Giving an Overall Band Score of 8.5

but on EOI --> when I put these figures in --> it says 8!!

I know that an 8 is a superior English - but wanted it to be consistent...

Part THREE - Query!

The Questions would Imply it's to do with Australian study - but where else would I put my Qualifications (from UK) that would give me the required points? Help!

I think I click "Yes" to "Does the client meet the Australian study requirements for the Skilled Migration points test?" and then select (and add) my details in the Education History section

Part FOUR - Query!

My ACS Reference - is my login - and the only Reference I have - so I've put this in here..

Thanks!

hi all,

Part THREE - Query!

The Questions would Imply it's to do with Australian study - but where else would I put my Qualifications (from UK) that would give me the required points? Help!

I think I click "Yes" to "Does the client meet the Australian study requirements for the Skilled Migration points test?" and then select (and add) my details in the Education History section

I think your response to the above question should be NO if you had not studied in Australia, because answering yes will make the system award you additional 5points since it is another scoring area for the points test.

In essence, you are over claiming in your EOI which will result in automatic refusal if invited. Because you will not have evidence to support the additional 5points.

PIO.jpg

See the clip above for more information, my 2 cents.

PIO.jpg

Part 2: The system considers the lowest score for awarding points, hence it is showing as 8. Moreover, overall score is of no significance.

Part 3: As akanawu said, you shouldn't say yes if you haven't completed eligible studies in Australia. See below for the section where you have to enter your UK qualification.

Education History

Hastheclientcompleted,oriscurrentlyenrolledinanystudiesatsecondarylevelandabove?

Yes

thanks for the reply.

I've corrected my "mistakes" and think Im now good to "go" - its a hard decision - as so many have said a pass score of 60 is "in the pile" and will probably not get a look in when there are higher point earner's also in the queue..It would be good to know what a BTEC HND in Computer Studies actually gives you in "points" - I think it's 10 - but would love it to be 15! Applying for a State Sponsor would also give us another 5 points - so maybe this should be our path...decisions decisions.

Has anyone had an invite on 60 points?

thanks for the reply.

I've corrected my "mistakes" and think Im now good to "go" - its a hard decision - as so many have said a pass score of 60 is "in the pile" and will probably not get a look in when there are higher point earner's also in the queue..It would be good to know what a BTEC HND in Computer Studies actually gives you in "points" - I think it's 10 - but would love it to be 15! Applying for a State Sponsor would also give us another 5 points - so maybe this should be our path...decisions decisions.

Has anyone had an invite on 60 points?

For 190 60 pts + having SS is an automatic invite.

60 pts for 189 (independent visa) is too low to be invited.

For 190 60 pts + having SS is an automatic invite.

60 pts for 189 (independent visa) is too low to be invited.

Thanks Bubbe2005 - make's it a bit more easier to "stomach" - - and possible not in a good way :-(

My anzsco (261112) - Systems Analyst doesn't seem to be on the SS list for Queensland.

Is there a consolidated list of SS's for all area's somewhere?

Thanks Bubbe2005 - make's it a bit more easier to "stomach" - - and possible not in a good way :-(

My anzsco (261112) - Systems Analyst doesn't seem to be on the SS list for Queensland.

Is there a consolidated list of SS's for all area's somewhere?

https://www.migration.sa.gov.au/SNOL%20data

its currently on the SA SMP @ medium availability.

Yes it is, do you have an IELTS score of 7?

yes - have 8.5 IELTS

have over 10 years experience - and positive ACS (Systems Analyst) - we were hoping for everything to be ready before the July 1st deadline - but ACS took longer than we thought - so that also meant I lost some points for my age...so it's not for the lack of trying - it's circumstances!

Archived