My first WHV...

Guest laurenjwolf

Guest laurenjwolf

Hello everyone!

I just submitted my application for my first WHV (exciting) but I'm slightly nervous. One of the questions asked if I'd ever been denied a visa for any country before and I answered yes as I had a 6 month student visa denied Jan 2011 when I wanted to study Esthetics in the states. I was never given a reason WHY it was refused just that it was a 'combination of factors' which I deduce to be the fact I wasn't working full time and my links to home weren't strong enough.

It becomes slightly more complicated with the fact that prior to me travelling to Australia (I haven't booked tickets yet) I wanted to spend a couple of weeks in the states. I have a brand new passport and just applied for the ESTA. Usually I get it authorised immidiately but this time after the question about being denied the student visa and paying the fee it's still showing it's pending authorisation. This worries me greatly if I'm honest. :frown:

Would this have an affect on my application for an Australian WHV? I have never been in trouble with the police, no criminal record etc..

Anyone been in this situation before?

Thanks!

Guest laurenjwolf

I plan on flying with my friend to HK as her family lives there. Spend a couple of days there and then continuing my journey to Melbourne :) I have a job lined up already - very exciting :D

Congrats on your whv grant, sorry about your US tourist visa denied.....seems so strange tbh, why would they deny you that just because you didn't meet the criteria for a student visa? Anyone would think you commited a crime! Anyway have a great time in Aus and great news on having a job lined up already!