Are there any July onshore 885 visa applicants ?

ikgc

ikgc

I wouldn't worry much if I were you.

Did you lodge your application online? If you did, you must have been granted a Bridging visa A (right?) and a TRN Number. You can check your progress online, using your TRN, Date of Birth, Passport Number and Country of Origin. However, you can't follow it up if your application was paper based.

I lodged my 885 visa on 15 March 2008, and only got a CO (Case Officer) beginning of this year. Don't mean to discourage you, but it may take a few months or years (waited 4 years before things started moving, and now it's all quiet again as we're waiting for finalisation of medicals) before your visa is processed. My advise to you would be to go ahead and supply all documents required, except your police clearance checks and medicals, until your CO asks for them. I wasn't as lucky as you, as nobody warned me about it beforehand, and I submitted all documents (including police clearance checks and medicals, which are only valid for 1 year) 4 years ago, only to be told they are now outdated.

Don't panic, this visa does take a while to be processed, but maybe things have changed, considering when I lodged mine. Just hope for the best, and you might be surprised.

Thank you.

I lodged it online and the status is always processing commenced.

The allocation table provided stated that it would take 4 weeks initially and changed to 6 weeks then 8 weeks.

I rang them up 2 weeks ago and was told my application was batched and would be allocated to the next case officer available.

But I still have not heard anything which makes me very worried.

ikgc

I wouldn't worry much if I were you.

Did you lodge your application online? If you did, you must have been granted a Bridging visa A (right?) and a TRN Number. You can check your progress online, using your TRN, Date of Birth, Passport Number and Country of Origin. However, you can't follow it up if your application was paper based.

I lodged my 885 visa on 15 March 2008, and only got a CO (Case Officer) beginning of this year. Don't mean to discourage you, but it may take a few months or years (waited 4 years before things started moving, and now it's all quiet again as we're waiting for finalisation of medicals) before your visa is processed. My advise to you would be to go ahead and supply all documents required, except your police clearance checks and medicals, until your CO asks for them. I wasn't as lucky as you, as nobody warned me about it beforehand, and I submitted all documents (including police clearance checks and medicals, which are only valid for 1 year) 4 years ago, only to be told they are now outdated.

Don't panic, this visa does take a while to be processed, but maybe things have changed, considering when I lodged mine. Just hope for the best, and you might be surprised.

Archived