Letting / Rental agencies

Sydney Raider

Hi guys wonder if someone can help me out.

Wife and I are moving to Sydney in 2 months time and cant wait. Been looking at property on realestate.com.au to see what is avaliable in and around the area where my wife has a job (Kogarah). Just wondered if anyone had advice on being able to secure properties prior to arrival.

A guy that i know is moving to Canberra in a few weeks time, and he has used a letting agency that has helped him find a suitable property prior to his arrival, and will secure the property for him for a small fee. Unfortunatly for us, this company only operates for the Canberra region, just wondered if anyone can recommend a similar type of company for the Sydney region, otherwise it looks like we'll be statyin in a B&B until we can get something sorted.

:happy_face_cowboy_w

I would recommend a short term holiday let for a few weeks. Few agents will rent you a long term property without you viewing it. We managed this only because we already knew the area well and had a friend in Oz view on our behalf- even then only a few agents would entertain us.

You cannot judge from the internet the properties for let as pictures are often out of date and even street map can be old. I wouldn't sign up to something for 6 months without seeing it or have someone I trusted see it.

A holiday let may be expensive but it will be more comfortable and save you money in the long run as you can do laundry and not have to eat out all the time, many will do a deal for longer stays if you ask.

Archived