Australia in 2014!

Guest caitlinjadex

Guest caitlinjadex

i am currently 14 and about to start my gcse's in the uk,but we are going to move to australia in a couple of years after my exams,and prom etc.

but they say that when i move to australia i will do year 11 again,and year 12.

anyone else in a situation like this?:biggrin::rolleyes:

Guest caitlinjadex

awh,yeah im just about to go into year 10 here in uk,and we don't know where were going yet exactly,because we are going to do tour around australia first,and find the right place to go too:) what about you? where are you going?

We aren't exactly sure yet! But we are looking at the east coast! Yeah!

Im just moving into year ten too! We re planning to go around the areas too to check out what its like! I'm moving with my mum and step dad and leaving my dad in England:/ but my mum and step dad are kind of staying because of me because I want to stay for gcse and prom! But when we go out there are you doing another year of school?

Guest caitlinjadex

yeah,me too,were only staying for prom and gcse's aswell! and i dont know what year im doing out there,because some websites say i will repeat year 11 when i go there, and others say that i will go straight into year 12,so its kind of confusing haha, but the good thing is, i will get another prom when i go there :) hehe

Our son was in year 9 in the uk and went in yr 9 here (in WA). They don't always go by age but your grades, if you have a good academic level they may put you in the same year. Also, if you do go down a year, all it means is that instead of going into yr 11 in sept, you would go in jan.

Yr 12 is the same as college so you would still be kinda equal. You may as well move now, save yourself the headache of exams. Do you have the option to go to college at your school in year 10? You may as well see if you can do something you enjoy if your parents wont come out now. Good luck.

Ps, you can actually leave school here in year 10 anyway, its not vital you do upto yr 12 unless you are career driven.

• 3 weeks later...