Sheer Frustration...

Guest Nelson

Guest Nelson

Hi Guys! I don't know which is worse - waiting for the visa or having it in my passport but not being able to go because we've got to sell our house before we can! I know I am being very impatient because, in reality, I ought not to go until September when our eldest daughter starts uni (she decided to stay on her own - brave huh?) but I WANT TO GO NOW! I would even accept silly offers on the house just to get it all over and done with! We were so close but the stupid buyer pulled out on the day of exchange and, although the house is very nice and so on, I am crawling up the walls :roll: Just need some moral support... :cry: :cry:

Guest scott&lisa

Hi Krista,

I know exactly how you feel. We were granted our visas in Dec 05 and although our house had been up for sale for 6 months we still hadn't got close to selling it.

It got to April of this year and we were getting more and more frustrated that we couldn't get rid of the house, so we decided to cut our losses, drop the price a bit and we were fortunate enough to get a buyer. Fingers crossed we should be completing the sale by mid July (a bit later than we first thought but such is life!!).

Being given the chance to start a new life in Oz but not being able to get on with it is so frustrating, but hopefully the light at the end of the tunnel is a bit brighter now and fingers crossed it will be for you very soon. Keep positive and before you know it you will be on your way.

Best of luck.

Lisa.

Guest sparky

Hi Krista,Lisa

I really feel for you guys and i can imagine how frustrating it must be,i know once(and if) we get our visa we will be leaving as soon as humanly possible(no house to sell), but on the bright side you definately know you are going and think of all that money you will have in the bank!! (unlike us)

Here's hoping you both sell soon :)

Lisa,x

Hi Guys! I don't know which is worse - waiting for the visa or having it in my passport but not being able to go because we've got to sell our house before we can! I know I am being very impatient because, in reality, I ought not to go until September when our eldest daughter starts uni (she decided to stay on her own - brave huh?) but I WANT TO GO NOW! I would even accept silly offers on the house just to get it all over and done with! We were so close but the stupid buyer pulled out on the day of exchange and, although the house is very nice and so on, I am crawling up the walls :roll: Just need some moral support... :cry: :cry:

Be patient ,this is only a short term problem, at least you have yer visas.

Hang in there for t he right price.

Guest glennandkate

Dont forget - Australia aint going nowhere - I know its frustrating but keep your chin up :wink:

Guest scoop

Keep ya peckers up guys.

Not easy I know. Keep wondering if I should delay because of my poorly dog and wait for my boy to be a bit older! The amount of time I change my mind I think I should just go and cut my loses!

Just wish my head wasn't such a whirlwind!!

Good luck with it all guys

SCoop

x

Guest sparky
Keep ya peckers up guys.

Not easy I know. Keep wondering if I should delay because of my poorly dog and wait for my boy to be a bit older! The amount of time I change my mind I think I should just go and cut my loses!

Just wish my head wasn't such a whirlwind!!

Good luck with it all guys

SCoop

x

Scoop ,"if you have one regret in life would it be that you did or did'nt?"

I am sure we all have the same answer,keep positive,and get going!

Lisa,x :D

Guest scoop

Hi Lisa

Just read your profile.

Should have known, spotted the motorbike interest! A biker or a biker chick hun?

SCoop

8)

Guest sparky

Hi Scoop,

I would have to say biker chick,as hubby was the biker,had to sell it to fund the visa app,it broke his little heart :(

I use to ride" scooters" when i was a bit(who am i trying to kid!) a lot younger ,i must say i felt a lot safer on one of those than on his Gsxr1000!!

Lisa,x :D

Guest scoop

I'm with you tried to do the biker thing when my husband died but do the biker chick thing a lot better 'honorary bloke or not'!! :lol: :lol:

SCoop

x

Scoop,

Where are you heading for ? When we were in Brisbane in March there was loads of bikers as it was ''cooler'' for them that time of year,but the roads they were on were really slippy after abit of rain not like here,did look abit dodgy We did find one place that was abit of a bikers meet Sunday's so hopefully you will find loads of us out there with the same interest .

As for when and if to go ,get gone!! ,my aunty who is 60 said theyd planned this move years ago ,because of putting it off for one reason and another they never actually got there and are still stuck in the good old UK,,

Take Care

Cal x

Guest scoop

HI Cal

Maryborough, Qld, or Brisbane of no jobs.

Comments duly noted hun, broached the subject with my mother again this morning! the usual 'lets not talk about it' I even mentioned them coming for long holidays but as expected told that would never happen. Feeling stronger in talking about it these days though so thats a very good sign. Thanks to you guys on here I think :D

Get very little help over here so I am sure I can manage over there.

Thanks again guys

Much Regard

SCoop

x

Hiya Scoop

We are in a similar situation with hubbys parents ,dont help us out much but aren't impressed we are moving away,we keep telling them it will be better for the kids but no matter what we say it seems to fall on death ears ,I am notorious for putting other people before my own family ,bit of a softie who will do anything for anyone but i've decided its time to think about ME and my family,,friends and family can say what they want but if you are determined to make it work ,you can and will ,,,

Take Care

Cal x

Guest scoop

Hiya Cal

Thanks again for your kind words and support :D

I'm a bit the same really, have done my best over the years to try and help everyone out, do the right thing by them and often thought of them before myself. Now I am in need of a little help no one is anywhere to be found and some have done the dirty big time!

It's hard sometimes not to get bitter but I am using these emotions to give me the motivation to carry this dream through. I know it will be hard to start with but in my experience life is hard and you just have to make the most of it.

I could do with selling my property now whilst waiting for the visa as things are a little slow on the housing market around here but with three dogs and a toddler renting will be almost impossible!! My folks I know would not help! No point asking really.

Hope you get your medicals sorted soon hun, good luck with it all :D Maybe see you in sunny Brissie :D

Regards

SCoop

x

8)

Archived