Soon to be Melbourne

Special Kay

Hi Everyone

I am Kay and currently live in Hampshire, my husband has just been officially offered a job in Melbourne. Looks like we are moving then :) I have been looking at the forum through all the interview process and its great to be able to finally join.

We will be sponsored (well at least I think thats the right term) by his employer.

I am nervous and excited all at once.

Guest Jassop

Hiya I've just got a job in Melbourne and will be moving there at the beginning of October!! Good luck with everything, maybe see you out there! X

Hi Everyone

I am Kay and currently live in Hampshire, my husband has just been officially offered a job in Melbourne. Looks like we are moving then :) I have been looking at the forum through all the interview process and its great to be able to finally join.

We will be sponsored (well at least I think thats the right term) by his employer.

I am nervous and excited all at once.

Welcome to the forum & congrats on the job offer (for hubby)

It is a sponsored visa as you have read, and normally they tend to get very quick processing times. In some cases just a few weeks.

Pretty much any question you might have, has probably been asked, so make good use of the search function. If you cant find it, the is always somebody on here to help.

good luck with the move.

• 4 weeks later...
Visa was approved today :)

Hiya Donna, we are off next Monday. Its been about 7 weeks from Interview process to arrival, I have been like a madwoman getting everything sorted, its all done now. Hubby is going to be working for IBM. It took 8 days for the visa's once they had all the forms etc.

We discussed it 'after' my hubby put his CV details on the wrong group on Link'd In and was offered an interview, we thought, hey... what the hell, lets go for it. So we did and next Monday we are off.

Bit like me - mine all happened so fast, cv sent, phone interview, 2 weeks later they flew me out for a week, job offer, visa sponsored, I put my application in, approved in 8 days. Everything happened very very fast and we leave in 10 days!! Good luck, we are also going to Melbourne x

Bit like me - mine all happened so fast, cv sent, phone interview, 2 weeks later they flew me out for a week, job offer, visa sponsored, I put my application in, approved in 8 days. Everything happened very very fast and we leave in 10 days!! Good luck, we are also going to Melbourne x

Scarey isnt it LOL.

Archived