Renew my daughter's passport now or wait?

dredg97

My migration agent lodged my application (175 visa) the last June, when my daughter's passport had 9 months of validity (it will expire in March 2013).

He said not to worry about at that time, and to renew it at a later stage.

In mid September it will have just 6 months of validity before expiring, so I'm considering to renew it in the next weeks.

We do not have a CO yet, even if at the current rate we are likely to get one very soon (possibly in 2 months).

What do you guys suggest?

Renew now and submit the change in circumstances form?

Wait for a CO to be allocated and ask him/her?

Asking my Migration Agent would be the solution but he's not eager to deliver information and advice... :arghh:

Thanks in advance for any suggestion.

Personally I would suggest renewing it now if in Sept it will only have 6 months validity on it and sudmit change in circumstances form. Esp as you don't know how long the new passport will take to come through. I have just got my daughters re-done her's expires in Jan, last time it took only 2 days to come through this time it took 7 weeks! (With check and send), they decided they wanted to check the counter signature but took 5 weeks to decide they wanted too.

I would be tempted just to go ahead and renew it - but child passports only have 5 years anyway. It is up to yourself, your CO might request you re-new it before you get visa granted - and if you will definatly need it renewed before you go on your validation trip. You just need to fill in form 929 to update passport details once visa has been granted so its not really a hassel either way.

My migration agent lodged my application (175 visa) the last June, when my daughter's passport had 9 months of validity (it will expire in March 2013).

He said not to worry about at that time, and to renew it at a later stage.

In mid September it will have just 6 months of validity before expiring, so I'm considering to renew it in the next weeks.

We do not have a CO yet, even if at the current rate we are likely to get one very soon (possibly in 2 months).

What do you guys suggest?

Renew now and submit the change in circumstances form?

Wait for a CO to be allocated and ask him/her?

Asking my Migration Agent would be the solution but he's not eager to deliver information and advice... :arghh:

Thanks in advance for any suggestion.

We got informed we were getting our visa grant and i told our case officer that my son only had 5 months left on his passport so she held back with the grant letter for a few days and we got the new passport then she granted the visa so now all our passports have minimum 5 years on them. We got a new case officer just over mid way through the visa application and the new one was fantastic she was very helpfull and made us feel we could contact her when we needed.

Guest fultonclan

We had to get my hubby's renewed for our medicals as they like you to have at least a year left on your current one. He was just shy of the year by 2 months so our agent recommended renewing.

Rach x

Thank you all for the reply.

I have been allocated a CO the last Saturday, all documents are MET and we need to attend the medical checks.

Having said that, probably it is now better to wait for a decision on our application and renew the passport in a month or two.

Archived