State sponsored 489 visa timeline

dibongo

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Applied for 489 family sponsored visa on 21 January. As per DIAC it should take maximum of 10 weeks to assign a case officer and I have already crossed 10 weeks still there is no sign of CO .. Anybody else lodged 489 in January?

Dear All, all you are talking about is SS ? I have lodged family sponsor 489. Status now is in Progress. I haven't heard from any CO. what I should expect next and how long?

Hey when did you apply for visa? When did you lodge application ?

Do any one know how long is processing time for SS WA 489 visa ...after medical....pls let me know thanx

Electrical Engineering Technicians 489 Visa for Western Australia, IELTS - Jun 2012, Lodged EOI August 2012. PCC & Medical - November 2012 - Medicals referred - Nov 2012.. and still waiting for finalization

Our 489 visa application for south Australia went in on 19 March. Could I please ask do we get assigned a case officer first and then they request medicals and police checks ? If so how long in everyones experience do we now have to wait for the next step ? Any advice, thanks x

Our 489 visa application for south Australia went in on 19 March. Could I please ask do we get assigned a case officer first and then they request medicals and police checks ? If so how long in everyones experience do we now have to wait for the next step ? Any advice, thanks x

I would suggest you should get your medical and PCC done as early as possible . It will expedite your visa processing once case officer is assigned to you. If you have state sponsorship then it should take 5 weeks and 10 weeeks in case of family sponsored. Read more on below link

http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/general-skilled-migration/estimated-allocation-times.htm

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

we received WA state sponsorship and invited to apply for a 489 visa on 11 March 2013. Our Visa application went in on 14 March 2013, just a waiting now AND WE WILL DO MEDICAL IN THIS COMING TUESDAY 23/04/2013 . Hopefully not long to wait, fingers crossed ! Good luck to all those starting or nearing the end of the visa process..............

Hello, we received WA state sponsorship and invited to apply for a 489 visa on 11 March 2013. Our Visa application went in on 14 March 2013, just a waiting now AND WE WILL DO MEDICAL IN THIS COMING TUESDAY 23/04/2013 . Hopefully not long to wait, fingers crossed ! Good luck to all those starting or nearing the end of the visa process..............

Hi, Poonams, Can u please share me how much point do u have with ur visa application?