State sponsored 489 visa timeline

dibongo

Hello Dibongo,

yep very similar to yourselves. Looking to move to either Bullsbrook which is further inland or Mandurah as well. We will be moving in with my wife's brother initially and he lives in Butler. He went out about 4 years ago and he is a hairdresser and now has opened his own salon out there. Just sent off for police checks and booking medicals this week. Wasn't,t sure whether to wait until Diac say to go for medicals or just have it all there. I see you went for the everything there approach.

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi wetwit, we are of to butler also as that's where my wife's parents live, had a look at bullsbrook also and it's a possibility and we looked at chittering and also byford .

My wife's a hairdresser that's why we think mandurah would be best, as far as the meds go get them done ASAP as ours still haven't been finalised, that's six weeks now , our case officer told us its taking up to 8 weeks. Keep in touch , we could meet up for a beer when we get out there!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Hi new deep , Adelaide looks real nice , we looked at Adelaide until hairdresser came back onto the WA list.

If you are going on your own you can look at shared accommodation until you get sorted.

As far as the meds go ,they can take up to 8 weeks for eHEALTH and 10 weeks for paper(yours may or may not be quicker).

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

• 2 weeks later...

Yes mate, it's normal, my CO asked for my police checks again, I think they are having major problems with the system.

As far as my applications going, we are still waiting for our meds to be finalised,

that's over 8 weeks now but there's a lot of people who have been waiting longer than that so it's just fingers crossed for everyone that they start to clear the backlog.

Oh and congratulations on getting a CO!

Hello Dibongo,

yep very similar to yourselves. Looking to move to either Bullsbrook which is further inland or Mandurah as well. We will be moving in with my wife's brother initially and he lives in Butler. He went out about 4 years ago and he is a hairdresser and now has opened his own salon out there. Just sent off for police checks and booking medicals this week. Wasn't,t sure whether to wait until Diac say to go for medicals or just have it all there. I see you went for the everything there approach.

Hi Wetwit, Yes it's normal. Even same happened to me CO asked for documents which has already been uploaded.

Hi Wetwit, Yes it's normal. Even same happened to me CO asked for documents which has already been uploaded.

Hi All,

Finally the moment has come....:-) hurray!! we got our Visa.. I would like to say thanks to all of you specially to Dibongo for all your support and timely suggestions. Best of luck to All of you. Cheer!! NewDeep

• 2 weeks later...

Not great TBH, got an email last night from a case officer telling us that there is now a three month backlog and because of the Xmas holidays not to hear anything regarding our medicals until January :-(

But that's life and there's nothing I can do about it so its carry on regardless,

What about you, any news?

Not sure what's going on with you guy,s Dibongo but we have just received email saing our visa has been granted. We were with team33. We have from when our medicals were done to get out there. Good luck bud hope to see you out there. Need to save some monies for tickets!!!

Not sure what's going on with you guy,s Dibongo but we have just received email saing our visa has been granted. We were with team33. We have from when our medicals were done to get out there. Good luck bud hope to see you out there. Need to save some monies for tickets!!!

Congratulations Wetwit - Can you please give me a quick time frame of how long it took to get your visa once you had done your medicals. We are also with Team 33. We applied for our 489 visa on the 27 Oct, then got an email on the 12 Nov asking us to submit the documents again as well as police clearance and book medical. We submitted the documents again that same week and booked our medical for 7 Dec, but have heard nothing from them since.

Is this normal? and how long did you wait?

Its been such a long road, feel we are so close but just want the visa now!!!

Any info you have would be much appreciated

Di and Alex

Hi DiandAlex we applied for visa October 28th then uploaded all docs. We got a case officer assigned nov 13th. He then requested all docs again as problem with system so we emailed docs in PDF format to him we then received our police checks we sent them and had medicals on 28th November. The doctor said they would be finalised within a couple of days. On 6th December notification of visa granted was received so not too long for you guys. Good luckGood luck

Hi DiandAlex we applied for visa October 28th then uploaded all docs. We got a case officer assigned nov 13th. He then requested all docs again as problem with system so we emailed docs in PDF format to him we then received our police checks we sent them and had medicals on 28th November. The doctor said they would be finalised within a couple of days. On 6th December notification of visa granted was received so not too long for you guys. Good luckGood luck

Thanks Wetwit for that, makes me feel a whole lot better. Your timeline is similar to ours so hopefully it won't be too long from now. Just thought they might have sent an email confirming they had received the documents again, but nothing so I think that's why I've been feeling a little anxious. Fingers crossed we may hear something before Christmas. When are you planing on going out there and whereabouts are you looking at living?

Good luck to everyone

Hi DiandAlex. We're going to perth and at latest we want to be there by April next year. I'm gonna get intouch with some companies now we've got visa to see if any opportunities arising before then. Hopefully next week as I'm bladdy freezing. We're about s are you guys going?

• 4 weeks later...
Cheers mate, glad you got WA SS sorted, I'm planning to fly in the first couple of weeks in feb.

congrats mate. I am also applying for 489 visa to SA. Can u please tell me about this visa type.

1) Is it valid for 4 years? Do u need to stay 2 years in those 4 years to get the PR?

2) Is it true that person with this visa can not get any govt health insurance or child benefit (even education) and some employers are not often interested to provide job for this visa holders due to the visa type?

If you have total guideline for this visa type , please share.