Rabies Vac/blood samples

Guest weecraigy

Guest weecraigy

Hi there,

I have recently got the ball rolling by getting my two cats and dog vaccinated for rabies and the rabies blood test.

Thought i would post the cost for other pet owners that are thinking of taking their pets to Australia.

It was £185 per cat/dog for vac/blood test. they have been vaccinated and i need to go back in 3 weeks to get the blood test.

I'm dreading the other vet costs :-(

Ouch, that's a sore one to pocket.

Could you enlighten me on what steps are required in the build up to shipping pets?

Check the AQIS website. It has all the info there in a breakdown depending on what country you are shipping from.

My dog had his vacine a couple of week ago. Blood tests on Monday. The pet shipping company that we are using sort a lot of it out for us. The dog also has to be microchipped and up to date on vaccinations (the vacination needs to be without something called lepto)they can't travel for about six months I think from the initial blood tests. You also have to get an import permit from Canberra and also book pets into quarantine in advance eg Perth has about 4 months waiting time at the moment. This is just to give you an idea I am sure there are lots of other things and I'm only just starting this process myself but hope it helps.

Archived