Medicals - Spire Longmoor Little Aston Birmingham - Review

seraphim

Hi All,

thought I'd post a mini-review now we've had our full experience at the Spire Longmoor Clinic in Birmingham, which might help people looking round for a medical centre in the midlands.

It's well placed for a lot of the midlands and east midlands, and the cost for us was £675 for 2 adults and one child.

Booking was easy and friendly and we were able to go on Saturday which meant no holiday taken from work which was useful for us! I believe they do also offer twice monthly evening clinics as well.

Arrived and we were the only family there at that time, service was very good and thorough, the administrator and nurse were friendly and we had a chat with the Dr (Not sure if this was to 'assess' us in any way but felt very much like a natural conversation about why we were interested in moving etc.).

The whole experience including x-rays for my partner and I took a bit less than the estimated 3 hours and the longest wait was the x-ray at 10 minutes a hundred yards or so down the hallway! Tea/coffee and biscuits were provided.

We did have one referral which was our daughter which was so minor the health visitor hadn't ever noticed it in 20+ visits and when we did the obligatory Google the examples of it were so different from it I'm amazed the Dr. noticed. As a result, we had a referred note on the online application, which I then phones a week later about and sure enough, the Dr sent further info stating it was likely to rectify itself over time anyway (strange that wasn't included in the original information). The week after, the Medical panel finalised our daughter too.

All in all, The experience was very positive. I think that if you do get anything mentioned it may be worth asking at the time if they can send any additional information due to possible delays from the medical panel so they can make their decision quickly i.e if it's very minor then ask them to send something that explains just HOW minor so it's not a sticking point. Medicals are always nerve wracking (nothing has been totally stress free on this journey so far!) but the Spire was good and professional and we found it quiet pleasant (except the cost but that's similar everywhere!)

Anyway, we all passed! :biggrin:

Archived