Contact lense check cost in Aus?

Anna333

Hey,

I've still got 2 months worth of lenses but due an annual checkup. Moving from UK to Melb in 3 weeks and want to know whether to delay the check-up or get it done here. I'm most concerned about cost. It's about £30 in the UK. Anyone know the cost in Melb?

It's obviously better if I delay it as I don't need to order new lenses yet.

Cheers

Guest The Pom Queen

I just had both glasses and contact check done with spec savers and it didnt cost me anything with Medicare

thing is that the contact lenses are more expensive in Aus

I have just been online and purchased 6 months worth of air optix aqua for £50 as it works out a lot cheaper buying here

I buy mine online in the UK as well. I've just checked and the difference in price to buy online in Aus is only £2 more a month so I'm happy holding out and getting tested when I get out. Thanks for letting me know.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest littlesarah

Personally, I would be a bit sceptical of any health professional who feels the need to 'peddle their wares' on an online discount website. I wouldn't choose to promote myself as a responsible and ethical practitioner by offering cut-price interventions (I can think of a number of potential ethical issues).

Archived