Adding a child to our 175 visa

relenholl

Hello, I was in the same boat we had 175 visas but then I became pregnant and my son was born in August last year. You can't "add" a child to your 175 as such you need to apply for a child visa. Look at form 40CH There is another one too but I can't remember the number.

The child migrant visa is very easy to do but if you are thinking of going soon then chances are you will have to do 2 applications; 1 a child migrant visa which is about £1300 and 2. a tourist visa ( £75 ) while your waiting for the child migrant visa to be granted ( it takes about 8 months) so you will need a 6 or 12 month tourist visa in the meantime. Tourist visa is also very easy. I found it best to get a case officer in place for the migrant visa and then I spoke to that case officer about the tourist visa.

Our tourist visa was granted in a week or so.

Hope this helps.

If you are looking to go back in about 6 months if you get your appliction done quickly and lodged in Australia house, CHild 101 takes about 5-7 months to be granted, this visa needs to be validated the same way.

The baby will need a medical and you will need to provide police certificates again, these are requested at the start of the application process.

The other option is to apply onshore for the CHild 802, but it is more expensive, takes longer to process about 12 months. The baby would need to enter AUstralia on a tourist visa, and would get a bridging visa while the visa is being processed.

Hello, I was in the same boat we had 175 visas but then I became pregnant and my son was born in August last year. You can't "add" a child to your 175 as such you need to apply for a child visa. Look at form 40CH There is another one too but I can't remember the number.

The child migrant visa is very easy to do but if you are thinking of going soon then chances are you will have to do 2 applications; 1 a child migrant visa which is about £1300 and 2. a tourist visa ( £75 ) while your waiting for the child migrant visa to be granted ( it takes about 8 months) so you will need a 6 or 12 month tourist visa in the meantime. Tourist visa is also very easy. I found it best to get a case officer in place for the migrant visa and then I spoke to that case officer about the tourist visa.

Our tourist visa was granted in a week or so.

Hope this helps.

A further £1300 :eek:

oh dear we are in the same boat. Just about to submit our final health check etc & now we are expecting a child. Options?

I am not aware of any (others might) but you are in a slightly different situation as your visas aren't granted yet so may be worth having a word with your current case officer to see if there is anything they can suggest....I don't not know either what the situation would be if you actually had the baby in Australia.

I am not aware of any (others might) but you are in a slightly different situation as your visas aren't granted yet so may be worth having a word with your current case officer to see if there is anything they can suggest....I don't not know either what the situation would be if you actually had the baby in Australia.

If the medicals and PCC have all been complete - the visa will likely be granted - applications are only put on hold when someone is pregnant before the medical as it is not advised to get the Chest xray while pregnant

If a child is born in AUstralia to a parent who is a PR - the child is an AUstralian Citizen at birth. No visa required.

Archived