AFP Check even if you have lived their 11 years a go

shashinianuttara

does anyone know if you must give a police check from Australia Federal Police if you lived in Australia about 11 years a go. The general requirement for police reports is, that you must submit PCC from the countries which you have lived within the last 10 years period. Can someone let me know if getting a PCC from AFP is mandatory.

thanks

Hi there, How long was you in Oz and what Visa are you going for...

It states that if you was in Oz for 12 months or more in the last 10 years then yes you need to get a AFP check, I think that its only for a PR type Visas...

I was in Oz for 2 years about 8 years ago and i have recently applied for a 176 PR visa and my CO sent an email stating that i need a AFP check, and believe me its not quick, i applied online on the 25 June and only just got an email from them this morning stating that they have completed my check and going to send it off at the next available posting day...

GooD LucK...

Thank you for your reply sh3p69, I was actually in Aus for 6 years on student visa and left Australia in 2001 which was 11 years a go. I have sent my local pcc and once they received the status has changed from requested to met on the online processing details of immigration website. I wonder if this was a mistake or they are still waiting for the aussie AFP Check. What is normally included in the AFP Check, i have an unpaid train fine (a long story) in Aus and a bit worried if that would come out on the check.

Hi there, How long was you in Oz and what Visa are you going for...

It states that if you was in Oz for 12 months or more in the last 10 years then yes you need to get a AFP check, I think that its only for a PR type Visas...

I was in Oz for 2 years about 8 years ago and i have recently applied for a 176 PR visa and my CO sent an email stating that i need a AFP check, and believe me its not quick, i applied online on the 25 June and only just got an email from them this morning stating that they have completed my check and going to send it off at the next available posting day...

GooD LucK...

Thank you for your reply sh3p69, I was actually in Aus for 6 years on student visa and left Australia in 2001 which was 11 years a go. I have sent my local pcc and once they received the status has changed from requested to met on the online processing details of immigration website. I wonder if this was a mistake or they are still waiting for the aussie AFP Check. What is normally included in the AFP Check, i have an unpaid train fine (a long story) in Aus and a bit worried if that would come out on the check.

Did your CO specifically request PCC form AFP. We were given a list of all the PCC we needed.

nope the CO did not request for AFP Check but my agent said i should get it as i have lived in aus even it was over 11 years a go. In the checklist on migration site, where the progress of my application is shown, for the Character requirement it says met, even though i havent sent them the AFP check. But i have already sent them the local PCC. Do you think I should get the Agent to ask CO about this?

Archived