Finding good working hostels :-/

Guest Lucky22

Guest Lucky22

Ok, so me and my partner will be heading up the east coast from brisbane end of September, making are way towards cairns. I've got a list of places to look out for farm work e.g bundaberg,mackey, Bowen, Townsville ect.. I'm unsure wether we should look into booking into some work hostels to find work? Or would we not find it a struggle to find work are selfs? Also if anyone can share any good work hostels they visited and found work would be great :wink: I just don't want my g.f to start worring about not finding any work, as well as all the other problems shes going to be worrying about :sad:

Thanks guys

You could book somewhere whilst you job search originally but i wouldnt tie myself into much more than a week or two. Ive also seen jobs advertisied for backpackers with accommodation included so finding something like that may be ideal.

Cal x

Guest nitrox121

im in walkamin at the moment, 1.5 hours outside of cairns, the main working period here starts late august / september - then the next few months.

ive done all sorts, pumpking, weeding, and now potatoes.

theres a travel shop in cairns called happy travels, thats where i bagged my work from. (currently working to secure the second whv) for when you get up this end :)

but there are a few working hostels around here. atherton lodge is one that i know of and met peopling staying in.

youll find work on notice boards in hostels etc.

but shop work and stuff is easy enough to find :)

im living in a caravan shack arrangement living the dream haha, nothing within the vicinity to spend any money on and making a start on some nice savings.

i wouldnt worry to much about it

Guest Lucky22

Hi nitrox,

Good to hear the work starts august/September, should get up to cairns around the end of sept. How are you finding it over there? Have you been in oz long?

We have only got another 4 weeks left and we'll be living the dream too! :D haha

• 4 months later...

Archived