Decisions! Decisions! Decisions!

Steph01

Ok folks, honest opinions welcome, :biggrin:

I've been waiting patiently now since late 2008 on a 175. Stuck in category 5 with nowhere to go! Got the lovely letter from Diac (not) about getting state sponsorship to move faster up the ladder so decided to go for it. But can you believe it, SA will not allow anymore applications under 175 and will only accept skill select ones despite what DIAC say. My poor agent has run out of ideas!!! So here's the burning question...........

Do I sit around for another 4 years waiting for cat 5 to get processed (if it even does)? or do I scrap my old application and put a new skill select one in, despite the fact its going to cost another £2k?

All opinions welcome, I know I can rely on the POI people!

Guest The Ropey HOFF

Depends on how desperate you are to go, if you think you can get there quicker by doing it and want to get there quicker, then do that, if your in no rush, just leave it how it is, people shouldn't have to wait so long, its disgraceful, best of luck.

Thank guys, it just annoys me that DIAC are ripping me off. But like you said, it depends on how desperate I am to get there.

As you said, you could be waiting in cat 5 purgatory for a very long time. I know it's a total rip off that you have to apply again to move up the queue, but if you really want to go, then you might have to bite the bullet and spend the cash unfortunately. This whole visa business isn't cheap is it. :no:

I've been waiting patiently now since late 2008 on a 175. Stuck in category 5 with nowhere to go! Got the lovely letter from Diac (not) about getting state sponsorship to move faster up the ladder so decided to go for it. But can you believe it, SA will not allow anymore applications under 175 and will only accept skill select ones despite what DIAC say. My poor agent has run out of ideas!!! So here's the burning question...........

Do I sit around for another 4 years waiting for cat 5 to get processed (if it even does)? or do I scrap my old application and put a new skill select one in, despite the fact its going to cost another £2k?

Hello

If it means getting the Visa sooner rather than later (years maybe) i would go for it in the blink of an eye.... 2K is absolutely nothing in the big picture and who is to say the rules dont change again and again as time goes on.... GO FOR IT NOW....

Instruct your agent to look into how many places are currently available for 175 applicants.

Hello

If it means getting the Visa sooner rather than later (years maybe) i would go for it in the blink of an eye.... 2K is absolutely nothing in the big picture and who is to say the rules dont change again and again as time goes on.... GO FOR IT NOW....

Migrating makes you think a bit different about money maybe, but I agree to the above quote. Total migration surely gonna cost 10-15k. Without a second of soubt I would spend 2k to go for it. Especially when you are waiting for that long already...

Why do tou doubt about that in the first place?

I suppose I feel a bit ripped off paying twice especially when they havent even processed the first one! But I suppose I need to look at the bigger picture!

I understand it is annoying but you have had 4 years to change over your application to 176. You have just left it a bit late now with EOI and skillselect.

I suppose I feel a bit ripped off paying twice especially when they havent even processed the first one! But I suppose I need to look at the bigger picture!

Defo look at the big picture.... We paid a lot to get our visa as ours was a difficult case but it was worth every penny....

Archived