IELTS help

vinodreddyyalla

Hi all,

I'm a non native English speaker. I scored R9 L7.5 W7 S7 and R9 L8.5 W6.5 W6.5 in the last two test. Anyone there like to practice IELTS? I got 60 points for the EOI with current IELTS result and hope to get 10 more points in the next IELTS test in 2,3 month time.

Thanks

Hi

Just found this website after an ex-student told me about it. I'm an IELTS examiner who gives private lessons, either face to face, online or via skype. My website is ieltsandrea.tumblr.com

Tell me what scores you got, what scores you need and I'll give you advice. Free!! If you feel you need classes then you can contact me through my blog.

My student got an overall band 9 by the way :-)

Hi

Just found this website after an ex-student told me about it. I'm an IELTS examiner who gives private lessons, either face to face, online or via skype. My website is ieltsandrea.tumblr.com

Tell me what scores you got, what scores you need and I'll give you advice. Free!! If you feel you need classes then you can contact me through my blog.

My student got an overall band 9 by the way :-)

Thanks for your reply. My overall score is 7.5 and looking to push it over 8 in all bands. I am particularly interested in Writing and partially reading. I have already scored 8 in listening and Speaking so they should be alright. Meanwhile i have two and half weeks for next test. I know it is short and i wanted to give my best shot.

Regards,

Vinod.

Well, you're obviously literate if you're getting a 9 in Reading. That's a really good score. Listening is a matter of doing Practice tests as you're very close.

Mmm, the difficulty lies in speaking really as band 8 requires fluency, where are you from?

Writing could be a number of things - spelling, grammar, punctuation, vocabulary.

Have you got another test booked?

Well, you're obviously literate if you're getting a 9 in Reading. That's a really good score. Listening is a matter of doing Practice tests as you're very close.

Mmm, the difficulty lies in speaking really as band 8 requires fluency, where are you from?

Writing could be a number of things - spelling, grammar, punctuation, vocabulary.

Since u r an examiner, i just have a simple question for u (I already did my IELTS and got the required minimum 7 in all bands): the most weirdest part in speaking is when the examiner gives you a topic and you are required to talk, so based on what do you select the topic? I was asked to talk about someone who I know is a risk taker and for almost 40seconds I just sat there thinking who to talk about cause i just couldn't think of anyone and finally something came up in my mind and I just had 20seconds to prepare, wouldn't it be nicer and better if you guys gave the examinees the options to choose from few topics to talk about?

I come from Vietnam so pronunciation is surely an issue. I intend to retake the test in 1,2 months but not yet booked.

Thanks

Hi Vinod

Yep, you have time to push it up .5 band.

For reading band 8 you need to get 37/40. You need to improve your strategies - do you understand true, false, not given? Make sure you answer the questions - if it asks for a YEAR etc.....also, (common mistake) if it says "write TRUE" then don't write "YES" check the word in the gapfill is gramatically correct.

For writing check your spelling, punctuation and grammar.

Do you have a book to help you?

What was tour writing score?

If you want more formal advice and to email me your work, I check it, correct it and send it back with feedback then contact me on ieltsandrea@gmail.com

Andrea

Aagh yes it WOULD be nicer but, as you know, IELTS is nothing about being nice.

All topics are chosen randomly before the candidate enters the room.

I consider some of them to be easier than others. If you freeze and can't think of anything make it up - lie. For this topic you could have chosen James Bond or someone for example. It's your language which is being assessed, nothing else.

For pron 8 you need to be easily understood throughout so you won't get an 8 before that. Also you need to be fluent and use the language flexibly, topic needs to be fully developed. This is where you need to spend your time. I offer skype lessons, practice tests for 30 minutes in your case and an assessment.

To get your writing from 7-8 you need a sense of style, full flexibility of language, complex sentences, full topic development, few mistakes in grammar, spelling, punctuation.

I offer an essay marking service - you send me your writing online, I mark it and send it back with feedback.

Contact me on ieltsandrea@gmail.com

Andrea

Archived