Bridging Visas

welshpod

hi all,

does anyone know if you can use a bridging visa to get into Australia in order to take up a job offer?

i'm fully accredited, got a job offer and now trying to sort out the visa. We're going RSMS subclass 187 but if its going to take 5 months plus, my prospective employer might not wait (they wanted me to start end of August) and who would blame them. so trying to find ways around the processing time.

WHV no use as i have children and 476 not suitable

maybe a bridging visa could facilitate a speedy relocation?

any advice please

I know that you have to be in Australia first to apply for a bridging visa. so does that mean you can't use a tourist visa to enter Australia and then apply for a catorgery A bridging visa once you're in?

I have taken this from the IMMI webbsite form 1024i

A bridging visa is a temporary visa that provides for a non-citizento remain lawful in certain circumstances where they do not

hold a substantive visa. The circumstances in which a bridging

visa may be granted include where a non-citizen:

• has made an application for a substantive visa which has not

been decided;

I know that you have to be in Australia first to apply for a bridging visa. so does that mean you can't use a tourist visa to enter Australia and then apply for a catorgery A bridging visa once you're in?

I have taken this from the IMMI webbsite form 1024i

A bridging visa is a temporary visa that provides for a non-citizento remain lawful in certain circumstances where they do not

hold a substantive visa. The circumstances in which a bridging

visa may be granted include where a non-citizen:

• has made an application for a substantive visa which has not

been decided;

If your employer wants you to start quickly they should look at the 457 visa. You need to show that you are a genuine visitor to Austraila by going over on a Visitors visa and then applying onshore - you could have No further stay condition applied to your tourist visa - or you could be stopped at the border and sent back with a 3 year ban.

Get advice from a RMA.

Also the 476 is a Graduate visa.