Hit a snag on the TRA

mel73

Hi All, just joined here hope you could shed some light on my problem. Ive been in construction for over 25 years and for pretty much most of it Self-Employed. All of my career ive worked for various contractors and basically been with them solely as a employed person would have been. Ive always worked alongside a contractor who have rung me to work with them. Today i just got my TRA form back stating the i havent included 'clients references' and work receipts for various machinery ive bought. Although im self-employed, i have always worked alongside contractors. I cant produce the certificates etc they require. I have family out in OZ and paperwork to back myself up. It seems that they think that if you are self employed that you own a company and that just isnt the case!! Big help required PLEASE!

Hi All, just joined here hope you could shed some light on my problem. Ive been in construction for over 25 years and for pretty much most of it Self-Employed. All of my career ive worked for various contractors and basically been with them solely as a employed person would have been. Ive always worked alongside a contractor who have rung me to work with them. Today i just got my TRA form back stating the i havent included 'clients references' and work receipts for various machinery ive bought. Although im self-employed, i have always worked alongside contractors. I cant produce the certificates etc they require. I have family out in OZ and paperwork to back myself up. It seems that they think that if you are self employed that you own a company and that just isnt the case!! Big help required PLEASE!

Alright mate,might be best to state your trade etc,then people might be able to advise better?

Fwiw ive been s/employed since 89,worked thru subbies as a sole trader(bricklaying),i got as many statements as i could off as many subbies who would do them,plus i had to do self declarations when companies were no longer trading.

Anyway,explain a bit further and hopefully someone will be able to help,good luck with it btw

You might need to get advice from a migration agent. OH is self employed and we battled to get through the TRA process and thanks to a brilliant agent we finally got there after nearly 5 months and just in time to lodge our visa ahead of the 1st July deadline. The TRA wanted indepth references for OH's last 3 years of work, 3 years payslips (which we don't have being self employed), 3 years bank statements, 3 years of invoices..... the paperwork was daunting and it was a very, very frustrating process. I think getting an agents advice may prove invaluable as it is a very tough process to get through.

Archived