VETASSESS skills assessment unsuccessful

Franconian

Hi folks,

I just logged in to check on the VETASSESS status and it says skills assessment "unsuccessful". I am gutted and surprised.

I lodged an assessment for "Hotel Manager" ANZSCO 141311 / Diploma Level.

My German qualification "State certified Hotel Manager" requires a 3-year apprenticeship as "Hotel Manager" and 2 years work experience then it is a full time school for 2 years. In total taking 7 years to accomplish.

An Australian Diploma in Hotel Management can be done in a year after Highschool.

It is classified in the European Qualification Framework in Level 6 (equal to a Bachelor degree) and I only assessed it for a Diploma level.

I also enclosed a "Certificate of Equivalence" from the German authorities who assess Australian qualifications.

Within the last 5 years my work experience included 3.5 years as Assistant Hotel Finance & Accounts Manager also doing regular Duty Manager shifts and Hotel Duty Manager.

I also got my previous employer to issue an ANZSCO description matching reference.

What is the general experience with VETASSESS for professional occupations assessment?

Can a re-assessment or appeal help or is it waste of money?

Of course I have to wait for the letter first to see what the reason was.

I think you should appeal. the ozzies love to have their opinion thrust upon us all...but , to their credit, they can give you the benefit of the doubt if you push it, after all, in their opinion it shows that you really want it and you don't give up easily,....just like the OZZIES..........!!!

Guest Longtime Lurker

I would wait until you receive the letter explaining where it failed. I must admit, although my DD's application was straight forward, we chose to use a migration agent (Go Matilda) because of their experience. It might be worth speaking to a MARA agent and see what they suggest. Good luck!

I received the letter from VETASSESS today.

They did not accept my employment as "Assistant Hotel Finance & Accounts Manager" as highly relevant to the ANZSCO tasks.

I had included a reference from my previous employer listing all tasks (almost identical to the ANZSCO tasks). Also mentioning that I did Hotel Duty Manager shifts on a regular basis (also mentioned on the ANZSCO tasks as occupation).

It could not have been clearer anymore!

I intend to apply for a reassessment and include a statutory declaration pointing out the amount of weekly Duty Manager shifts and describe the tasks again.

Any thoughts / recommendations?

Cheers,

Frank

I received the letter from VETASSESS today.

They did not accept my employment as "Assistant Hotel Finance & Accounts Manager" as highly relevant to the ANZSCO tasks.

I had included a reference from my previous employer listing all tasks (almost identical to the ANZSCO tasks). Also mentioning that I did Hotel Duty Manager shifts on a regular basis (also mentioned on the ANZSCO tasks as occupation).

It could not have been clearer anymore!

I intend to apply for a reassessment and include a statutory declaration pointing out the amount of weekly Duty Manager shifts and describe the tasks again.

Any thoughts / recommendations?

Cheers,

Frank

In addition you could prepare a comparative table with the anzsco task descriptors and the tasks in your letter of recommendation - highlighting how well they match... I did that and was successful....

In your letter be sure to use a decent tone, don't argue with them but be very serious.

You could also check on seek.com.au job descriptions of hotels managers that match with your tasks in the letter and then print them on paper and send them along with the very nice and firm letter you will write

Best of luck

PS: Be sure not to forget to check for reassessment of the qualification - you could explain that in your letter and send relevant explanatory documents (official) and also make sureyou check (and pay) for reassessment of work experience in the pints test advisory letter

In addition you could prepare a comparative table with the anzsco task descriptors and the tasks in your letter of recommendation - highlighting how well they match... I did that and was successful....

In your letter be sure to use a decent tone, don't argue with them but be very serious.

You could also check on seek.com.au job descriptions of hotels managers that match with your tasks in the letter and then print them on paper and send them along with the very nice and firm letter you will write

Best of luck

PS: Be sure not to forget to check for reassessment of the qualification - you could explain that in your letter and send relevant explanatory documents (official) and also make sureyou check (and pay) for reassessment of work experience in the pints test advisory letter

Thanks for your advise.

Do I also have to tick "Reassessment of Qualification"? I understood that I have to "Reassess employment" only. Qualification was assessed positive, only problem was employment.

Thanks,

Frank

• 2 months later...

Good news! The reassessment is successful!

I just received an email from Victoria where I lodged my state sponsorship application 4 months ago requesting my positive skills assessment. Any experience how long the decision will take for Victoria upon receival of the skills assessment?

• 1 year later...

Hi guys,

I have registered with a MARA accredited migration agency to handle my application; but still, I received a negative outcome on my self assessment. When I looked further into what was submitted, I understood why the application was rejected. The job description that I provided does not emphasize or highlight the tasks required in the role. It also doesn't go into enough details to show that I do perform all the required tasks. Not only so, but the matching that was provided by my agent made very little sense, even to me. I believe the agent wasn't really clear on what was required in the position we applied for and what i actually do. I've got no one to blame but myself for leaving the agent 100% in charge of the application without supervision or follow up.

My question now is: what is the best way to position this in the reassessment application? I'm afraid it would seem fishy if i provide another job description that goes into further details of the required tasks. I also can't say that my agent misinterpretted the tasks required from the role i applied to and therefore didn't highlight the most relevant tasks in my job desctiption. I know for a fact that i have a solid argument as I actually do perform most of the tasts required. I'm just not sure what's the best way to approach this Any ideas?

Thanks,

Omar

Archived