new member!

wattswalkaboutgang

Hi there! Decided to join the forum as we don't know any people in the same situation as us and would be great to compare notes. We have applied for our visa's have been allocated a case officer and have had our medicals and sent off our police checks so all the work is done and the waiting is here again, this is the boring bit! The major thing for us is to chat to anyone who is going with small funds, we sadly don't have a house to sell, but figured that we weren't going to be any worse off there than we are here so decided to give it a go. Of course we would be more than happy to chat to anyone who is going to Queensland or who is a Chippy/joiner also.:cool:

Look forward to a reply

Cheers!!!

Alison & Mark ( wattswalkaboutgang)

Hi Guys, WELCOME TO PIO

We are heading to Queensland and OH going on refrigeration/air conditioning.

You should get plenty of useful info on here!

Guest KP Nuts

Hi guy's, and brown_cooper.gif to PIO.

When did you apply for your visa, is it likely to be granted soon???

Good luck with the waiting.

KP Nuts

Guest Steve&Mandy

Hello Alison & Mark, Welcome to the site. we are still waiting for our visa's to be allocated a case officer and yes the waiting is stressful.We are not going to queensland but i am a chippie and i hear that there are a lot of jobs to choose from.We are hoping to go to melbourne in september if all goes to plan. What type of woodwork do you do now Mark? I've been told the best paid chippie jobs are in roofs and stairs so if you have any experience you should quite easily find your feet. Best of luck in what you do from Steve

Guest mandy&Jem

Hi, Alison and mark,

Welcome to poms in oz...We wont be going with much money as we havnt sold house yet...OH has to find work......So we will let you know how we get on...lol..Good luck on your venture.. -x-

Guest josborne

hey up everyone, i am a new member - hoping to relocate to brisbane with a golf mad hubby a rugby mad 6 yr old and an 11 yr old girl

dont know really where to start HELP:arghh:

Josorne

Hi Alison and Mark

All I can say is Gud on Ya for taking a risk. I dont think you will be dissapointed

Hi There thanks for replying! Nice to chat to others doing the same life changing stuff. Like you said we don't think we will be disapointed with it when we get there and to be honest am expecting it to be hard work all round not only emotionally but for us financially too but we figured if we can keep our heads above water here we can do it there too, it's all the same stuff really, if you can work you can earn and you can live just would rather do all that in the sunshine!! We get worried when we seem to be the only ones sticking our necks out without too much of a pot. The TV programe doesn't help Wanted down under they give a little unrealistic view of what it's all about! Take care Alison & Mark

Hi guy's, and brown_cooper.gif to PIO.

When did you apply for your visa, is it likely to be granted soon???

Good luck with the waiting.

KP Nuts

Hi Guys,

We were allocated a case officer just before Xmas and have sent in our police checks forms, still waiting for those to come back and had our medicals 4 Jan so are now just waiting to here back. We have heard that there is around a 10 week back-log in Sydney so aren't really expecting to hear anything for a couple of months at least. We have scheduled to get back to Aus in November this year to validate. We can't wait! Until then it's every penny counts SAVE SAVE and more SAVE!! This is of course if we get the visa's thats the worst bit not really knowing if your in or not! Fingers and everything else crossed for that!

Once again thanks for your message Kind Regards Alison & Mark

hey up everyone, i am a new member - hoping to relocate to brisbane with a golf mad hubby a rugby mad 6 yr old and an 11 yr old girl

dont know really where to start HELP:arghh:

Josorne

Hi there,

Don't worry too much, no-one know what there doing when they first start out! Depending on your circumstances you can either get all the information you need off the net or if you haven't the time, go through a migration agent, shop around though as they can vary in price expect to pay at least £2'000 for there services. I have heard someone paying £7'000 and that's just to fill in forms and give you advice. We are using an Agent and found them great, really helped us, the process is complicated and tends to change a lot too so we found that to save the headache the money was well worth it.

Good Luck! its all worth it in the end.:jiggy:

Guest afiyafifi

Hi and welcome.gif to pio we wont be going with much money we have only had are house 2 years so when it sells and we pay the morgage back we wont have much to take with us . karen

Guest Curlysoo

Welcome to PIO! ... Its lovely to see lots of new faces on here! :yes:

Anytime you are stuck on something, need a natter or a bit of advice there are always LOTS of lovely friendly people here to help! :cute:

• 1 month later...
Guest kelly13

Myself and family are hoping to move to Queensland this year. We also have no house to sell and are worried about how long it is going to take to get on the property ladder in Oz. We are just hoping that we find a suitable long term renal home.

Hi Kelly,

Its comforting to know that we aren't the only ones who seem to be relocating with small funds. Does make me feel better about it all. We are saving like mad before we go so we will have a bit of a lump sum for things like furniture, cars, rental deposits etc but other than that it will just be earn it when we get there. Good luck to everyone!!

Alison x

Guest Les & Woz
Hello Alison & Mark, Welcome to the site. we are still waiting for our visa's to be allocated a case officer and yes the waiting is stressful.We are not going to queensland but i am a chippie and i hear that there are a lot of jobs to choose from.We are hoping to go to melbourne in september if all goes to plan. What type of woodwork do you do now Mark? I've been told the best paid chippie jobs are in roofs and stairs so if you have any experience you should quite easily find your feet. Best of luck in what you do from Steve

Hi Steve

We are hoping to get to Melbourne around same time as you depending on when visas are granted. Do you have any idea of where you are gonna head to live yet?

Les & Warren

Guest sarah jane

:spinny:HI GUYS I HAVE JUST SIGNED UP AS IVE HEARD SOOOO MUCH ABOUT THIS FORUM/WEBSITE. MY FAMILY AND I LIVE IN KERRY SOUTHERN IRELAND. IM FROM LIVERPOOL ORIGINALLY AND MY HUSBAND IS A KERRY MAN. WE HAVE APPLIED FOR OUR VISA AND REALLY THOUGHT WE WOULD BE IN PERTH WA BY MARCH BUT IM PREGNANT NOW AND WE HAVE TO WAIT TILL THE BABY IS BORN (JULY) BEFORE WE CAN DO OUR MEDICALS! BUT AFTER RTHAT THERE WILL BE NO STOPPING US. WE HAVE THREE BOYS AGED 10,9 AND 3 SO I HAVE LOADS OF QUESTIONS REGARDING OUR MOVE AND THEM. IS ANYONE IN PERTH OF MOVING TO PERTH?

WE CANT WAIT.

SPEAK SOON

SARAH:cute:

Archived