Anyone flown on the Airbus A380 with Singapore ?

cronemeister

I've just booked my flight and I wanted to ask a couple of questions.

My seat is on the upper deck but I want to know whether or not there is a/c power to plug iphone/laptop/ipad etc into for the journey.

Do they have usb ports also on or near the seats or entertainment units in the backs of the seats ?

Daft questions I know, but these little things can make all the difference.

Also, if there are a/c sockets will I need a different adapter rather than the usual UK 3 pin plugs?

Thanks in advance.

We've just got back from a recce in Brisbane and flew Singapore airlines. We were on the A380 but on the lower deck and all economy seats had an A/C socket in the arm rests. Singapore uses the same plug as UK so there was no need for any adapters and plugged my laptop straight into it. There is a usb port on the seat in front next to the screen but i never used it.

Hope that helps?

What's the difference between upper and lower deck? I've always wondered....

This should help.

http://www.seatguru.com/airlines/Singapore_Air/Singapore_Air_Airbus_A380.php

Main things I can see are that business class is on upper deck, the suites are on the main deck.

There are way less economy seats on the upper deck so perhaps it may be a bit quieter !

From those of you who have been on these planes what is the general leg room like?

Just a quick point, some of the 380s have all business seats upstairs!

If you do get economy upper deck, it is quieter, simply for the fact there are fewer people.

Last time we paid extra £30 to get row 71 upstairs. It is the front row of the economy seats, by the exits and you get loads of room. The only people passing you are the stewardesses going to and from business class that is just in front of the curtain.

Just a quick point, some of the 380s have all business seats upstairs!

If you do get economy upper deck, it is quieter, simply for the fact there are fewer people.

Last time we paid extra £30 to get row 71 upstairs. It is the front row of the economy seats, by the exits and you get loads of room. The only people passing you are the stewardesses going to and from business class that is just in front of the curtain.

I've just rang them to change to row 71 but there is no availabilty...bugger.

I think I've read elsewhere on these forums that the leg room is pretty ok as it goes so should be fine. I'm not a giant or owt like that, but it would have been nice just not having anyone in front of me !

This should help.

http://www.seatguru.com/airlines/Singapore_Air/Singapore_Air_Airbus_A380.php

Main things I can see are that business class is on upper deck, the suites are on the main deck.

There are way less economy seats on the upper deck so perhaps it may be a bit quieter !

From those of you who have been on these planes what is the general leg room like?

I'm 6'5" and i had no problem in the economy seats, there was plenty of legroom

Guest Alice2
About £2500 ;)

Or £10k if there are four of you! But I assume you mean business v economy not economy upper v lower? :o

Guest Shell15
Or £10k if there are four of you! But I assume you mean business v economy not economy upper v lower? :o

I did :) but then i thought business was on the top deck?

Guest Longtime Lurker
Some airlines have a policy of no children on the upper deck of the A380

Unfortunately not for Singapore Airlines.

One journey we were stuck on the tarmac for four hours whilst they fixed the steering :shocked: and one of the children on the top deck was crying, loudly, very loudly with no apparent attempt from the parents to soothe the child. One passenger (not me) shouted at them to do something! It was 10pm so you think the child wouldhave been sleepy!

Guest Trueblue22

Unfortunately not for Singapore Airlines. One journey we were stuck on the tarmac for four hours whilst they fixed the steering :shocked: and one of the children on the top deck was crying, loudly, very loudly with no apparent attempt from the parents to soothe the child. One passenger (not me) shouted at them to do something! It was 10pm so you think the child wouldhave been sleepy!
Hahaha!! I hope they're not on my flight when I'm on the upper deck with my 4 yr old lol!!!

Guest The Ropey HOFF

We flew on the A380 and it was the best flight we have ever had, the kids didn't want to get hoff the plane after several hours of being on it, they loved the gadgetery.

Archived