Taking the IELTS GT

bubbe2005

So it looks like thanks to SA increasing the IELTS scoring to 6.5 I will have to sit the GT, which the next one here where I am (USA) is in freaking NOVEMBER!!!:arghh:

How rare is it that some people cancel their places and therefore an opening spot opens up for someone else to take their place?

Do test centers confirm a week in advanced just to be sure that that person is definately going to show up??

I really cannot and do not want to wait until NOVEMBER to sit the GT exam!!! I want to sit it now to get it out the way!

Also, do I have to wait for the official letter to come thru the mail before i scan it to my agent before lodging the SA state application??

Please advise.

thanks!

So it looks like thanks to SA increasing the IELTS scoring to 6.5 I will have to sit the GT, which the next one here where I am (USA) is in freaking NOVEMBER!!!:arghh:

How rare is it that some people cancel their places and therefore an opening spot opens up for someone else to take their place?

Do test centers confirm a week in advanced just to be sure that that person is definately going to show up??

I really cannot and do not want to wait until NOVEMBER to sit the GT exam!!! I want to sit it now to get it out the way!

Also, do I have to wait for the official letter to come thru the mail before i scan it to my agent before lodging the SA state application??

Please advise.

thanks!

I also took the test in the US (although it was in NYC mind you). On the website they didn't have any availability for months and months beyond when I wanted to take the test. So I called them up to see what kind of availability they had and they were able to give me the date I wanted. I would try that route first -- barring that, are there any other test centers within a reasonable driving distance of where you live? I had planned as an alternate option to drive to Pittsburgh to take the test there (a 7 hour drive from where I live) if I couldn't get in at a local center.

Please advise.

thanks!

Hey there.

You can sit the academic IELTS for migration, little tougher, but they usually run more academic tests for some reason, well in the UK they do.

Maybe it is the same in the States?

9.2 Passport holders and citizens of the United Kingdom, Canada, New Zealand, United States of America, or the Republic of Ireland are exempt from providing an IELTS test score where the requirement is 6.5 or less. https://www.migration.sa.gov.au/node/104

Which passport do you hold - are you not a UK citizen??

I am dual british american.

but i thought you can only get 6.0 points

SA SS requires 6.5

9.2 Passport holders and citizens of the United Kingdom, Canada, New Zealand, United States of America, or the Republic of Ireland are exempt from providing an IELTS test score where the requirement is 6.5 or less. https://www.migration.sa.gov.au/node/104

Which passport do you hold - are you not a UK citizen??

ok, so i don't need to sit the IELTS exam? :tongue:

• 1 month later...

Archived