Validation Trip

suandianbrown

Hi all

We were granted our visa in November, and we are travelling out to Melbourne to validate on 21st August. Hubby is the main applicant, then there is me and our three children. Me Hubby and 2 boys are flying out on a different flight to our Daughter,(she has to return early for Uni) the worry I have is that her flight arrives 30mins before ours. I understand that the main Visa holder must enter Oz 1st. Will she be OK waiting for us at customs for 30 minutes? or is she likely to be approached by Custom officers? I am going to give her a copy of the Visa grant letter, and if she is approached she can explain the situation. What are your thoughts??

It is not true that the main visa holder must enter first, this is a condition on some visas, but these days I think less than half. SO first of all check if this is the case for you (i.e. look to see if you have any conditions).

If you do have that condition, then she just needs to wait for you all airside to arrive, it will be quite easy to do that, there are even duty free shops before customs so she can while away some time in there for example.

I think if she takes her time actually getting off the plane, visits the loo etc , she probably wouldnt have much 'hanging around' to do. If she has a copy of the visa grant letter and explains the situation if asked ,im sure she will be fine.

Cal x

Archived