MA useless, should I contact CO direct?

spenner

Hi all,

I've totally run out of patience with my MA, his inability to reply to my emails is driving me crazy. Not only is it very frustrating it is also extremely rude. Even when I speak to him over the phone it's like getting blood out of a stone!

I've decided in my mind that if I don't hear anything about my application from DIAC (via my MA) by the end of the week I'm going to contact them direct.

Do you guys thinks this is wise and if so what is the best way to contact my CO, is it by email or phone?

Cheers.

Guest peterm2

You cannot contact DIAC directly unless you revoke your MA rights to do so (there is a form for that available on immi website)

You cannot contact DIAC directly unless you revoke your MA rights to do so (there is a form for that available on immi website)

Just found the form, cheers, it's the 956 that I filled out when my MA was appointed.

It's a joke that you can't get in touch with the department if you've got a MA. Who's life is in the balance, not the damn MA's that's for sure!

think I'd be be getting rid of the MA......alternatively you could just act dumb, go ahead and contact DIAC and see how you get on. If they say you shouldn't be contacting them, you can always apologize and say you didn't realise etc etc :wink: on the other hand, they may well answer your queries, good luck!

think I'd be be getting rid of the MA......alternatively you could just act dumb, go ahead and contact DIAC and see how you get on. If they say you shouldn't be contacting them, you can always apologize and say you didn't realise etc etc :wink: on the other hand, they may well answer your queries, good luck!

I like your idea. Re ditching MA, I've already paid him for his "services", might as well still have him sat on his backside doing nowt than dump him, don't reckon he'll give me a refund!

I like your idea. Re ditching MA, I've already paid him for his "services", might as well still have him sat on his backside doing nowt than dump him, don't reckon he'll give me a refund!

I wouldnt be bothered with a refund.... i would just ring your co and explain you are having problems with your ma and ask them direct where your Visa application is up to.... we contacted our co lots of times via emails and called a few times with no problem....look at it this way this is all about your future and at the end of the day thats all what matters....

I wouldnt be bothered with a refund.... i would just ring your co and explain you are having problems with your ma and ask them direct where your Visa application is up to.... we contacted our co lots of times via emails and called a few times with no problem....look at it this way this is all about your future and at the end of the day thats all what matters....

where did you get the case officers number? cheers

I got pretty fed up towards the end of our visa process, and emailed our case officer several times while using our agent. The agent wasn't best impressed, but the CO was very kind, and our visa Definately processed faster as a result.

Donna x

I got pretty fed up towards the end of our visa process, and emailed our case officer several times while using our agent. The agent wasn't best impressed, but the CO was very kind, and our visa Definately processed faster as a result.

Donna x

Hi Donna,

This might sound silly, but how did you word your emails to your CO? For instance, did you mention in any way your MA or did you just come out and ask what was the state of play with your app? I'm just trying to work out the correct tact without aggravating the situation.

Spenner.

Have you logged into the diac site to check the progress? This often has enough info to keep applicants going. It does seem to be a waiting game at points I'm afraid. I see no mention of police checks in your signature have you sent those back also?

Speaking from the MA perspective: tell the agent you are going to be dealing with the case officer directly, and then lodge the form 956 removing the agent from the engagement.

A client going directly to a case officer is unwelcome and unhelpful in the context of the management of the client's application.

Best regards.

Have you logged into the diac site to check the progress? This often has enough info to keep applicants going. It does seem to be a waiting game at points I'm afraid. I see no mention of police checks in your signature have you sent those back also?

Hi, yes all docs are with the CO. Unfortunately as the 119 is a paper based app there is no way of tracking it online. I did get an email from my CO via my MA stating that they had all the relevant documents required and the application was been processed, this was on the 27th June. Would be nice to have an update though.

Speaking from the MA perspective: tell the agent you are going to be dealing with the case officer directly, and then lodge the form 956 removing the agent from the engagement.

A client going directly to a case officer is unwelcome and unhelpful in the context of the management of the client's application.

Best regards.

Thanks Alan.

where did you get the case officers number? cheers

Hello

The details are on the diac web site.... if you go to the processing center that is dealing with your visa application the numbers and times of opening are there.

Thanks

We think we were apologic in our e.mail, and just kind of explained our situation. He did copy our e. mail on to our MA. It was a battle of my wills whether to do it or not, but in the end I thought it was my life on hold waiting, so thought there wasn't really anything to loose.

Donna x

Guest Sebbers

We contacted our co direct as our app had been sat in the system with all requirements showing as met for over 3 months after they decided that they would finalise visa applicants that had been requested to do meds and pc's prior to the 23/9/09 fiasco when they announced they would not be processed with a possible 3 year wait. Following my email to the co our visa was granted the following week not that I am suggesting this will happen with other applicants.

Hi spenner.. The wait is awful. I would contact your co cos yours must be imminent! An email can't hurt. Inundating would. I sent a few and was scared of sending them haha buti didn't have an agent either.. My fingers are crossed..

Hi corrinne,

Indeed the wait is rubbish. Thing is I've had a request from the company who are sponsoring me not to contact my CO has they don't want it to jeopardise my visa in any way!

Spenner

Archived