moving back to uk in october...

Splash77

hi just a quick question for those who have moved back to england...

Has anyone had any problems going to hospital for any kind of treament, or the A & E ....would i have to inform them ive been out the country for 5 years or not...

cheers

I never did. But then I never needed any care past the odd visit to a GP for a few years after my return.

You have to register with a GP first off, proof of address is usually required as they are in catchment areas and need to verify if you live within it. And then once in the system with a GP you are set. O and they usually want you to have an initial health check appointment after registering to meet your GP and have any health issues etc logged (they should then also be able to find your medical records and have them sent on).

ETA - I do recall reading something a while back though but think that was more for benefits than medical. If I find it and it was medical I'll post it here :)

ETA ETA - Found it

You will need to re-register with a GP and a dentist – find out about your entitlement to NHS care beyond emergency services. Depending on how long you’ve been overseas, you may have to wait up to 6 months to be granted all levels of care. Few GPs turn you away – but know that they could be within their rights to do so. If you’re worried, get informed. And if needs be, get private healthcare in place for the interim period.

Guest The Ropey HOFF
October.....that's a pity...end of autumn, pity you ain't here in the heatwave we ave now.

Yer right ..... Tonyman says a HEATWAVE is classed as, when there are 4 or more hot days in a row and we have had 6. But ...... That totals only a measly 8 hot sunny days in the last 62 so it's long overdue.

Archived