Visiting and holidaying in Oz

cronemeister

My family and I are moving out to Oz in a couple of months.

My OH has asked me to try and find out how often her best friend can come out and for how long so I said I would find out.

She's 33 so too old for a WHV so it would have to just be the normal visa you get for holidays etc, but can anyone tell me how long she would be allowed to stay, and how long before she would be allowed back in the country to stay again.

Are there any restrictions on how many times you can visit Oz for holidays within a set period of time and also the lengths of time these stays can be for?

Thanks in advance.

My family and I are moving out to Oz in a couple of months.

My OH has asked me to try and find out how often her best friend can come out and for how long so I said I would find out.

She's 33 so too old for a WHV so it would have to just be the normal visa you get for holidays etc, but can anyone tell me how long she would be allowed to stay, and how long before she would be allowed back in the country to stay again.

Are there any restrictions on how many times you can visit Oz for holidays within a set period of time and also the lengths of time these stays can be for?

Thanks in advance.

I don't think the rules are written down as there is an element of discretion to it. A good guideline is to spend as much time out of the country as was spent in it, e.g. 6 months in Australia, 6 months UK.

The longest tourist visa is 12 months. Does this friend really want to spend her life visiting you in Australia? Seems odd...

I wouldnt worry too much, unless she is minted she probably wont be able to afford it anyway. My parents did 6 months here 6 months there for 15 years when they retired but, then, they didnt need to hold down a job and earn money at the time. Tourists are not going to be able to work at all.

Archived