Surprised to find myself here...

what a lovely forum this is - 15 messages of support for a stranger that are all as heart felt as the original message. Keep posting Jules and let us know how you're getting on.

It's amazing isn't it?

I'll certainly share the journey which I believe is going to be back to the UK. I feel very similar right now to how I did when we made the decision to move here...actually that's what scares me most, I know how quickly hopes and dreams turn to dust. OH was reassuring me that it IS different because we know what we are going to, but despite having just been for two weeks (with illness and awful weather) I do wonder if we REALLY remember.

I guess we'll find out :biggrin:

Jules

hey jules ...so sorry to hear that life is treating u so bad at the mo ...i remember u from back in the early days of pio and you always had such a happy vibe about you ....life takes many twists and turns and who knows where we will be in the next year ...circumstances can change our dreams in an instant ...but at the mo its sounds like you need the love and support of your family ....i truly hope everything works out for you ...and hey scotlands not that bad ...at least you can get a decent square sausage lol ....:hug:

mrs keily

Amazing OP and all the reply posts. Jules you have certainly been through the mill. At least now you can begin to shape out a path for you and your family that will hopefully lead to happier times. My partner's sister was diagnosed with RA about 5 years ago. She was running a pub at the time, working silly hours trying to please everyone and generally becoming very stressed and totally exhausted. They sold the pub about a year after her diagnosis and she has had a couple of jobs since, and now works in a shop. She says it is zero stress, can forget about the day come 5pm and go home and enjoy family life. Her symptoms have all but subsided and most of that has been through reducing stress in her life. I hope you can do the same. Making the decision to move is stressful in itself but if it's what you all want then you will find that everything will start slotting into place. And really don't worry about the ping pom label - I only really hear it being said on this forum! I'm on my second stint in Oz and have no doubts I will be going back to the UK one day, for many of the same reasons you described in the OP.

Big hugs to you and wishing you all the best for your future. life can throw so many hurdles our way for sure, we have had a heap of health stuff crop up lately, here and in with family in the UK.

It can be really hard being so far away from family

xxx

Guest clarejane

WOW you guys are amazing!!! after all whats been happening you still hold your head up and admit how you feel and that takes guts! it does take some guts to actually admit that australia isnt the place what you thought it was! yes it has SO very much to offer but it doesnt offer family and friends and if you do make new friends..there not like the ones you once had! there is no place like home no matter where you live weather your happy or not! i think one of the key things is that and something i have recently just digested is that Australia is NOT england...everyone says and trust me ive heard it many times... "oh christmas isnt the same as it is back home" well of course its not...this is australia! ive been saying it for years and ive lived here on and off for 17 years! one thing i can say though...is dont burn your bridges, wait for your citizenship as you dont know whats going to be round the corner in the future! very best of luck!! x

Guest Guest63690

Jules, your post was so honest and heartfelt and I think one many will relate to. Between 2009 - 2010 over 7,000 Brits returned home, the largest number ever recorded. They like you, had a dream for a better life, but the dream has not turned out as they envisaged. No dream should be so set in stone that it cannot be deviated from, otherwise the dream becomes a trap. Life is too short. I wish you and your family all the luck in the world with your future plans.

hi, what a strong post. Just wanted to add that I have psoriatic arthritis, very similar to Rheumatoid, and i havebeen very disappointed in how i seem to be worse here !! Not sureif its the cold, unheated winters or the atmospheric pressure but have been worse than for ages !

Goodluck to you x

Archived