How Many of You did a Reccie and got a job offer?

Candygirl

Hi, as many of you know, we are wrangling with TRA at the moment. In the meantime, we are applying to job adverts for a 457 sponsor. I am toying with the idea of sending OH out to Oz (can only be in Jan as this is the quietest time for our business) to see if he can knock on some doors, perhaps do some voluntary work for prospective employers etc to show what he can do.

Have any of you done this? If so, were you successful?

Thanks in advance Lorraine xx

Personally I would save my time, money and energy for the main visa application. January is a quiet time of year in many job sectors as it is the big school holidays here and so coming out without even a visa at this time of year is high risk strategy.

Guest The Ropey HOFF

My wife was offered a job when she was out there thanks to help from great friends, I think it's a good idea if you can afford it, nothing ventured, nothing gained, best of luck.

My wife was offered a job when she was out there thanks to help from great friends, I think it's a good idea if you can afford it, nothing ventured, nothing gained, best of luck.

would agree ........

if you can afford the "holiday" why not.

Thanks Guys. We still have a little while before we have to make "decisions". If the Man at TRA says yes, it won't be necessary.

Applying for jobs from here is not easy. OH has said if he had a bloke apply for a position from the UK, he would be saying the same. Look me up when you are here.

Archived