looks like a refusal

Guest wardy

Yes thats right :cry: I can no longer prove my 18 year old son is dependant. They have waited all this time to ask for proof and my son decided in his wisdom to leave college (in October) and take on a small job being trained as a grassroot football development worker.

He is so good they have given him an appraisal and given him more hours and responsiblity which has taken him into full time work. :chatterbox:

We have some extra papers to fill in but they are likely to refuse him and grant ours he does not qualify for last remaining relative so if in the long run he does decide to come which he always said he wouldn't we are going to have to work clever to find him a way in.

It did cause a bit of upset finding out this on New years eve but we are a strong family and will come through this.

I suppose its all my fault giving birth to a brilliant son who knows where his future goals are.:notworthy:

Oh Happy new year everyone may all your visas come extra early mine could be another month xx

Awww kaye ... what a bummer, but having said that Congratulations to your son whose obviously worked hard and made an impression on his employer. I'm sure when the time comes, we'll all be able to think of something ... the way the socceroos play he may be their next manager

Ali

Guest bruce&jackie

Hi Kaye

Know just how you feel,we included my oldest son on our application as we were told by someone at an expo on the WA government stand [we did explained our position to him]he said that they really try to keep families together .

My son does work full time in a good job but his wages are poor for the area so would find it a real struggle to support himself. :arghh:

Any way we were told the whole application would be a refusal if we didn't take him off. So e-mailed documents to remove from application on 3rd nov we still have not heard anything back yet. Just got to be patient now and try to find a visa so he can come over eventually.

Thinking of you

Jackie xx

Hi Kaye

Know just how you feel,we included my oldest son on our application as we were told by someone at an expo on the WA government stand [we did explained our position to him]he said that they really try to keep families together .

My son does work full time in a good job but his wages are poor for the area so would find it a real struggle to support himself. :arghh:

Any way we were told the whole application would be a refusal if we didn't take him off. So e-mailed documents to remove from application on 3rd nov we still have not heard anything back yet. Just got to be patient now and try to find a visa so he can come over eventually.

Thinking of you

Jackie xx

Hi Jackie

We heard it a little differently we can go ahead with application and they can refuse son but have no grounds to refuse us even if we dont take him off the application.

The only reason one fail is all fail is when it comes to the meds hope this is right we got this info from someone we know who worked for the immigration dept in Australia.

In the end though hopefully we still get the go ahead if not will cross that bridge if it comes.

Its an awkward one is your son bothered did he want to come ours didnt but still quite upset that we are having to proceed without him and try an alternative method if he wants to come.

Hi Ali ...we are very proud he wasnt the brightest at school but knew what he wanted and has worked tirelessly and voluntarily to get to this point.

xx

Guest ASPIS4

Hope everything goes ok for you, but sooooooo frustrating asking for proof now!!!

Im sure things will work well for you

Hope everything goes ok for you, but sooooooo frustrating asking for proof now!!!

Im sure things will work well for you

Guest bruce&jackie

Hi Kaye

You was right! i looked at the old e-mail it did say only he would be refused. But if we withdraw his name from the application it won't be on record that he was refused entry to oz on our 136 modl visa. So as he was not refused visa it would not cause a problem when he applies at a later date.

Yes he really does want to come to Perth not just that we would be going as a family but for his own future ie; getting on the housing ladder, more career prospects etc:He has spoken to quite a few people that have worked and lived in oz and they can't recommend it highly enough.

Lets hope we all get some good news soon pleeeeeeese!!

Jackie xx

Hi Kaye

You was right! i looked at the old e-mail it did say only he would be refused. But if we withdraw his name from the application it won't be on record that he was refused entry to oz on our 136 modl visa. So as he was not refused visa it would not cause a problem when he applies at a later date.

Yes he really does want to come to Perth not just that we would be going as a family but for his own future ie; getting on the housing ladder, more career prospects etc:He has spoken to quite a few people that have worked and lived in oz and they can't recommend it highly enough.

Lets hope we all get some good news soon pleeeeeeese!!

Jackie xx

Hope so to fingers crossed its soon, hope your son gets to go have you any ideas of how you are going to do it and get him a visa I think the only option for us is the working holiday can your son get in on last remaining relative?

xx

Oh dear, that is a bit of a blow, I would be devastated:sad:

We had to provide more info for our daughter as she had turned 18 while we were waiting for the visas to go through but as she has only worked very part time and in tempory jobs and had a deferred place to start at Uni in UK and an application for Oz uni going through we were ok, they did not ask about my son who finished his Uni course in June and is having a wobble about Oz now! not sure whether to continue study in Oz as he orginally thought or look for work, at the moment he is in a tempory job and not earning very much.

I thought they could still be classed as dependant if they had earnt under a certain amount?

We did a statement from each child stating that they were dependant for food and shelter and what thier intentions were in Oz ie study and we had letters from our neighbours confirming that both kids still lived at home and were fully supported by us for thier food and shelter including running thier car.

From what you have said it looks like he may have to come off unless you can prove that you still provide shelter and food and that his wages are not enough for him to support himself.

Don't ya wish you had done this years ago? I know I do:wideeyed: before they could think for themselve and have an opinion

hmmmmmmmm that would have been before my DD was two and half:twitcy:

Guest bruce&jackie

Hi Kaye

Nothing certain yet but hoping by end of year he could apply for a 176 skilled sponsored family visa.

The thing about moving to oz for most of us is a better life for our children it's just so hard to get everyone there under one visa.

Is there anybody your son can stay with if you go?

Jackie xx

Guest Els-Bells

Hi Kaye,

Cant believe your news, am really gutted, but it sounds like there may be a way around it, I really hope so, know how hard you have worked at this. Am keeping everything crossed for you and your family,am sure everything will work out for you in the end, if anyone deserves a Visa its you!!!!!!:yes:

Thanks everyone for the messages of support.

Jonathan has an offer of somewhere to live and is actually doing ok once his extra hours kick in this week he will be working just over 40 hours a week occassionalyy he does a bit of TV extra work :cool: which pays well so cant really say he is dependant on us now I really wish he had stayed at college :huh:

Its really only been these past 3 weeks that financially he is independant if meds hadnt shown a potential problem with hubby and delayed the application by 3 months I guess we would have been OK.

As a football coach his skill is not on the wanted list so if he does decide to make the move will have to come and get a job and see what we can do I do know of other sports coaches/coordinators that have made the move so it must be possible some how.

XX

Guest AndyandAlly

Kaye,

I thought you would have had those visa's by now, Keep your chin up hun and I'm sorry to hear the news on your son.

Hope you have some good news soon

love

Ally

x

Sorry to hear that Kaye. I hope that if he changes his mind you will find a way.

on the up side, a huge congrats to him, you must be proud, he's doing well at his job and you can leave knowing he's happy. xx

You know what Hays I am actually very proud I can hold my head up high and say we did a good job. :jiggy:

I guess he is lucky to have at his age a great opportunity to progress in his chosen field I didn't have a clue at his age.

His bosses are actually both ex professional footballers Kenny Dagleish and Paul Bracewell so who knows with such great contacts they may be able to get him some work over there to see what he thinks about living over there.

Hi Ally once the new forms have gone off they say it could take about a month to hear so hopefully we will hear something in February...ever the optimist :twitcy:

xx

Yes thats right :cry: I can no longer prove my 18 year old son is dependant. They have waited all this time to ask for proof and my son decided in his wisdom to leave college (in October) and take on a small job being trained as a grassroot football development worker.

He is so good they have given him an appraisal and given him more hours and responsiblity which has taken him into full time work. :chatterbox:

We have some extra papers to fill in but they are likely to refuse him and grant ours he does not qualify for last remaining relative so if in the long run he does decide to come which he always said he wouldn't we are going to have to work clever to find him a way in.

It did cause a bit of upset finding out this on New years eve but we are a strong family and will come through this.

I suppose its all my fault giving birth to a brilliant son who knows where his future goals are.:notworthy:

Oh Happy new year everyone may all your visas come extra early mine could be another month xx

Hi

wow, reading your post has just made us feel really awful, we have a similar problem but after reading some earlier posts on this site thought we could get away with it. I really feel for you guys at the mo my son is 19 20 in march, he has already been to college for three years half qualified as a electrician (but couldnt get an apprenticeship to finish) then two years doing carpentery. he has just started a apprenticeship this week in carpentry, we thought it would be more useful for him to complete his long awaited ambition than sit at home hanging round with the wrong people. His wage is poor and quite honestly if we left without him he would be abanoned theres noway he could afford rent, clothes food, bills running his car to actually get him to work (i pay for that at present) and what makes me so mad is my son is actually training here for a skill currently in great demand in OZ so surely me being a midwife, the hubby also being a carpenter would be benefical in the end.

I am just about to send all my paper work off to get registered as a midwife in Brisbane already been offered a good job, but so so worried now that my son will not get in, and to be honest then we dont go either so I only see it as there loss.

the funny thing is in the uk anyone can come in and yet we cant get out!

im going into hosp next week in London so our plan is to go and see a agent to clarify, however we will fight to the end, im not putting my son on the streets here.

My son has got his dad here and grandparents, but me and his dad divorced 18 years ago and his dad doesnt see him and my parents dont wont the worry of him living with them and he doesnt want to live with his grandparents.

oh dear at the moment if my sons rejected I just feel like telling him to hand his notice in

keep in touch

tracy n john

Paul Bracewell and Kenny Dalglish - he's got good bosses then and if he's impressing them you can bet he's doing an excellent job. With the qualifications he gets he may get taken on by a good club and also once he's got some experience under his belt he may be able to get sponsorship for a club in Aus.

you have every right to be proud Kaye and Jonathan has every right to be proud of himself.

Ali

Thanks Ali he indeed fell lucky getting this job previous to this all his work in football had been voluntary I had said to him it will be such hard work getting a paid position in football, and like all kids he proved me wrong :biglaugh:

Tracy dont give up if he is on an apprenticeship he should be fine if not i think they can get sponsored to do apprenticeship there i'm sure I have seen that somewhere. I think it boils down to how much they are earning.

My son probably wont get in because although he isn't leading a rich lifestyle he could be financially independant in their eyes. Last month he made a £1000 and by time he has paid out rent, bills etc there will not be much left not sure if they will take that into account.

We have to present all our details to our CO and see what they think its not 100% sure it is a refusal yet but its highly likely it will be.

Will keep my fingers crossed for both of us.

xx

Archived