PR visa granted... now what?

ozindublin

Hi guys,

Just pondering our future options... we kinda already know we'll be pinging and pomming between here and Australia (we both love our home countries)... my OH got his spousal visa through yesterday!

We're heading out in October, on a 2 year trial, hoping to agree at the end of the trial where we will be all happy to live.

My questions are, during the two years, can we leave Aus for holidays & whats with the returning PR visa? If after two years we decide to come back here, do we get the returning PR visa? and have the choice to return? or do you need these for the first two years aswell for holidays?

When can you apply for citizenship, I know its now 4 years, is this the same for a spouse?

Has anyone experiences?

Thanks.

Hi guys,

Just pondering our future options... we kinda already know we'll be pinging and pomming between here and Australia (we both love our home countries)... my OH got his spousal visa through yesterday!

We're heading out in October, on a 2 year trial, hoping to agree at the end of the trial where we will be all happy to live.

My questions are, during the two years, can we leave Aus for holidays & whats with the returning PR visa? If after two years we decide to come back here, do we get the returning PR visa? and have the choice to return? or do you need these for the first two years aswell for holidays?

When can you apply for citizenship, I know its now 4 years, is this the same for a spouse?

Has anyone experiences?

Thanks.

Of course you can leave Australia within the two years, you are not a prisoner. :biggrin: You can come and go as you please until the initial visa expires, which will be five years from the day it is granted. After this point you need to get a RRV to be able to re-enter Australia should you leave. People can have problems getting a RRV if they have not spent much time in Australia over the five years, they are not automatic.

Citizenship after four years yes.

Thanks for that guys, I think the five year requirement is slightly different if it is a spousal visa... I'll try and find out. I'm sure they say on their website something about more lenience with regard to the time spent outside of Australia. But your comments have made it alot more clear for me!

One step at a time! guess we have to get there first!

Archived