References for ACS skills assessment

bubbe2005

I am still rather confused about obtaining references from my employer.

I have been contracting for almost 2 years now.

Since the agency is legally my employer - I must go to them for a reference, but I don't want my specific recruiter being all nosey and asking why I need such a detailed reference letter!

If I do get reference from my agency, must I also get references from their client whom I work for?

I am still rather confused about obtaining references from my employer.

I have been contracting for almost 2 years now.

Since the agency is legally my employer - I must go to them for a reference, but I don't want my specific recruiter being all nosey and asking why I need such a detailed reference letter!

If I do get reference from my agency, must I also get references from their client whom I work for?

If you're worried about asking your current employer for a reference, then the ACS will accept a statutory delaration written by you explaining your roles and responsibilites and explaining why you are not providing a reference (in your case because you do not want to jeopardise your current employment prospects).

The ACS will always prefer references over statutory declarations. Try to get a reference if you can.

If you're worried about asking your current employer for a reference, then the ACS will accept a statutory delaration written by you explaining your roles and responsibilites and explaining why you are not providing a reference (in your case because you do not want to jeopardise your current employment prospects).

The ACS will always prefer references over statutory declarations. Try to get a reference if you can.

Self declarations are not accepted by ACS for over a year. You have to get a statutory declaration from one of your colleague from previous organization(s).

my previous employer from 2005-2008 can only offer me a proof of employment letter on letter headed paper, my old colleague who I used to work with, says he will write a detailed reference letter for me (he was my team lead), but this letter will be on plain paper, so i will write a stat. dec an attach me previous employer HR letter then the reference letter coming from my ex-coworker.

from 2010 I have 3 previous employers in the US

again one of them can only write on plain paper, because I used to work for the U.S government (I only have letter of offer letter/contract plus my tax return document) and so therefore she cannot write me the reference on company letter headed paper.

my employer after that until now comes from an IT recruitment agency, and I worked for 2 of their clients. IT manager at client A will write me a reference but again on plain white paper. Client B has written me a reference on company letter headed paper.

But I know for a fact (i know my IT recruiter quiet well now) that if I approach her for such a detailed reference letter, she will question why intent - and that for now, i do not want her knowing.

Can anybody relate to my situation? And what are your advices?

thanks

Archived