vetasses carpentry practical this tuesday!!

bennyblueboy

hey pomies, finally get to do my pactical assessment on tuesday, bringing us another step closer to the dream move!! only down side is ive got a 3 and a half hour drive to preston to do it so will be staying in a hotel the night before , as i dont fancy getting up at 4 in the morning to get there for 8!!. anyone else going to preston for a practical on tuesday?? maybe we could meet for a coffee :biggrin:

Good luck mate, are you aware its changed since i done it in 2009

cheers mate, yeah as far as i know ive got to pitch a hipped and gable end roof,form some stud work,make up a door frame and do some flooring....... is this what you had to do or was it different?

Two weeks you get your results there is no flooring in the test

pitch roof model already done in one of the rooms

jack rafters x2 two hip rafters four common

this is set on an 8x4 bench at one end

you draw out your roof plan view 1.1 scale it's small ie rafters 900 mm

stud work is small also just allow for corner stud to allow for fixing internal side for examiner

it is relaxed and the instructors are really helpful

they can tell if your time servered just weeding out chancers

the theory is health and safety and calls for volume etc for different site related problems

just takes a about 1.5-2 hours theory

Two weeks you get your results there is no flooring in the test

pitch roof model already done in one of the rooms

jack rafters x2 two hip rafters four common

this is set on an 8x4 bench at one end

you draw out your roof plan view 1.1 scale it's small ie rafters 900 mm

stud work is small also just allow for corner stud to allow for fixing internal side for examiner

it is relaxed and the instructors are really helpful

they can tell if your time servered just weeding out chancers

the theory is health and safety and calls for volume etc for different site related problems

just takes a about 1.5-2 hours theory

Cheers for the info Rico.......pretty basic stuff then,how long ago did you do yours?

Done it in march in London there are tools at the college but take your own basic kit

cordless gun new saw helps that's obvious I know roofing square small one bevel stock

hammer basic of basic kit not much required I took too much even if your stuck everyone helps each other no talking says the instructor with a sly wink they want the best for you if your time severed your fine no problems it's good to meet others in the same boat on the day be early as the beeches get nabbed quick it will take all day to be honest do take a calculator they allow it

for calculations or phone app they look for clean and accurate cuts to birds mouth and plumb cuts within reason you will

be fine I know everyone says it but you will be glad when it's over good luck

if in doubt ask they there to help

cheers Richie! how long does it take to get results?

That was about it mate, took 10 days for vetasses to change my status to passed then got a pdf with copy of the certificate few days later and the hard copy through the post was 14/15 days

Archived